Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
Job Code: OX/BM/SLT/008
Our client, a leading bakery and pastries company, located in Ikoyi is looking to fill the position of a Bakery Operations Manager.
The function of the Role:
The Bakery Operations Manager oversees all staff, budgets, and operations of the business.
- Manages and oversees the daily operations of the company;
- Coordinates daily activities and facilitates communication between employees;
- Manages and oversees the activities of the customer service personnel, decorators, bakers, drivers, and other support staff;
- Handles external and internal communication of the company;
- Manages calendar, prepares for key events, and ensures events run smoothly; Attends business meetings, events, and functions on behalf of the MD;
- Ensures the quality of the company’s products- cakes, pastries, and desserts are met; Promotes and markets the company’s products;
- Oversees customer’s orders from the point of order to the point of delivery or collection;
- Manages calls, resolves client complaints, and other external issues directed from the customer service personnel;
- Recommends strategies and advises the MD on issues that pertain to the development of the company;
- Liaises with IT professionals to ensure company invoice software is up to date; Delegates tasks to other employees;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the MD.
- 2-4 years’ experience as a manager or similar executive role
- Experience in the bakery industry is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Highly analytical, driven and focused.
- High level of professionalism;
- Networking, prospecting and persuasion skills with the ability to identify the needs and challenges of clients.
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Must have knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations, etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Must have outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have sound judgment
- Must pay great attention to detail
- Must be service-minded.
- Must present herself and act in a manner that is appropriate in order to protect the organization’s image and reputation at all times.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their resume to email@example.com using the "Job Title and Job Code" as the subject of the mail.