Head - Revenue Accounting & Collection Management at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 20 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
- Oversee and manage Etisalat revenue and direct cost accounting (including gross margin) from recognition to collection and ensure revenue reporting is in line with agreed guidelines and specifications.
- Provide guidance and support to the commercial team on revenue generating initiatives, product pricing and incentive payments to ensure improvements or sustainability of gross margin or at the least minimal negative impact on gross margin.
- Ensure reporting for Revenue Accounting, Billing and Collection Management is in line with global best practice (IAS, GAAP and IFRS).
- Review all proposed revenue generating initiatives/strategies and advice the commercial team on product pricing and dealer and channel partners incentives
- Develop policies to guide the execution of new revenue streams (e.g. digital media) and ensure strict adherence to existing revenue accounting, billing and collection policies and processes.
- Provide oversight on the accurate and timely recognition of all Etisalat's revenue and direct costs (Gross Margin) by ensuring data integrity and completeness.
- Bears overall responsibility for the management of Accounts Billings, revenue collection, account management and credit control functions.
- Implement the revenue accounting and collection management work programs and plans in line with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Advise management on all revenue generating initiatives/strategies and appropriate product pricing to ensure viability and margin sustainability
- Review and advise on all indirect channel partners incentive strategies to ensure Revenue and Gross margins are not unnecessarily depleted/eroded.
- Manage the inter-functional relationship with IT, Commercial, Technical and other relevant functions in the business with respect to input for revenue, direct expenditure, billing and collection (accounts receivable) computation and recognition
- Ensure completeness and timely posting of all revenue, direct expenditure and collections in order to meet the financial reporting standard and timeline of the company and Group.
- Oversee the Preparation of Monthly Revenue Pack including margin analysis by product and its associated KPI's (MOU, RPM. ARPU e.t.c) together with key insight on financial analysis on an ad-hoc basis to management on key functional areas.
- Ensure integrity of data from OCS, ERP and TABS for Revenue and Cost preparation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure interconnect / roaming revenue and cost recognition are done timely, prompt collection of receivables and zero/minimal bad debt incidence is maintained at year end.
- Oversee the management of trade partner and post-paid customer accounts
- Set up necessary controls to ensure effective debt management and credit collections
- Liaise with the Channel sales and Business Segment teams to monitor and manage existing debt portfolio and Credit collections
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate's performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for Management attention i.e. weekly revenue to gross margin reports and forecast.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (including but not limited to IT, commercials and External Auditors).
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Finance
- First degree in Accounting and Finance qualification.
- Professional qualification (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc)
- MBA is an advantage
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
- Good understanding of the commercial functions in a telecoms environment
- Working knowledge of the technical and business intelligence systems in a telecoms environment
- Financial Accounting/ Reporting
- Knowledge of budgeting and control techniques
- Receivables Management
- Cost Accounting
- Leadership and People Management
- Business and/or Financial Acumen
- Telecoms Industry Knowledge
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- LAMP Developer at Shemada Health Solutions Limited
- Latest Recruitment at General Electric (GE)
- Quality Control Assistant at Electronic PayPlus Limited
- I.T Assistant at Raeanna Nigeria Limited
- Software Developer (Full Stack Developer) at Techtink Solutions
- Marketing Manager at Transsion Holdings
- Intern Recruitment at Medifix Nigeria
- Personal Driver to the MD at Workarena