Accounts and Administration Assistant at PowerGen Renewable Energy
Posted on: 18 July, 2019
Deadline: 28 July, 2019
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
As the Accounts and Administration Assistant in Nigeria, you will play a critical role in implementing the daily accounting operations of the operating company and the Special Vehicle Unit (SPV) by controlling and verifying our financial transactions as well as office administration tasks. You will report to the Accountant and Office Administratorand work closely across the Supply Chain, Customer and People Operations teams.
What You Will Make Happen:
Accounting & Inventory
- Post and reconcile accounts payable and receivables
- Ensure completion of all month-end and year-end close process
- Advise to PowerGen and compliance Taxation, Companies Act and all other relevant regulations.
- Ensure that the Cash on Hand accounts are accurate and reconciled to NetSuite
- Update the Fixed Asset Register and tag assets as purchased
- Ensure compliance with IFRS principles
- Enforce PowerGen NGA Internal controls particularly around Cash Management, Inventory and Fixed Assets
- Ensure proper record and documentation of all financial records.
- Coordinate with all involved parties to ensure accurate inbound receipts, intercompany transfers, and Return Goods Authorization
- Responsible for verifying true time inventory transaction records in NetSuite
- Complete ERP transaction activities from Receiving into Inventory, WIP, or Non-Conforming inventories.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all inventories by performing daily audits and maintaining a comprehensive Cycle Count program.
- Maintain product rotation and storage discipline (FIFO).
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with all levels of leadership.
- Accomplish special projects and other assignments/duties as required by management.
- Compliant with all safety rules and regulations and all PowerGen Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain high standards for quality, housekeeping and productivity.
- Other related tasks and projects as requested
- Provide administrative support in areas such as maintaining record-keeping systems; develop and special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information.
- Order supplies, furniture and equipment in accordance with set guidelines; recommend expenditures or actions for administrative and operational need requiring approval.
- Provide office operations support such as preparing and composing confidential correspondence on own initiative, receiving and screening calls and visitors, and screening and prioritizing mail.
- Coordinate recruitment activities, including interview, selection, appointment and onboarding
- Execute and coordinate office operations such as office movements, meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or special events; coordinate building and equipment maintenance requests; maintain keys and key log for office.
- Respond to inquiries providing information requiring comprehensive knowledge of PowerGen Nigeria policies and procedures; interprets administrative decisions and policies to other staff.
- Coordinate day-to-day office operations
- Other related tasks and projects as requested
What Excites You:
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
You Already Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or other related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an accounting role, office administration experience is an added advantage
- An active member of an accredited accounting body
- Experience in inventory accounting and control
- Ability to recommend improved accounting methods, procedures and internal controls
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations that affect the PGNGA activities
- Ability to interact effectively under pressure and meet deadlines; work independently with minimal supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted during carrying out your duties
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PowerGen Renewable EnergySimilar Jobs
- Engineering Support Officer at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Senior Technical Officer (HVAC) at a Leading Electronic Firm - Willers Solutions Limited
- Latest Jobs at Willers Solutions Limited
- Cost Estimator/Procurement Officer at a Leading Engineering Company - Nicole Sinclair
- HR Officer at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Contract and Marketing Specialist at Uniterm Nigeria Limited
- Job Vacancies at Horkey International Services Limited
- Graduate Trainees at Tsebo Rapid Nigeria Limited