Vacancy at CHC Helicopters
Posted on: 18 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at CHC Helicopter Corporation
CHC Helicopter is a leader in providing unmatched helicopter services that enable customers to go further, do more and come home safely.
We carry passengers to and from the offshore platforms and vessels of the world’s top oil and gas companies, in almost every major discovery and production region around the globe.
We operate one of the world’s largest networks of services for government search-and-rescue agencies, with skilled and courageous people who fly new-technology aircraft to undertake missions in the most challenging conditions.
Through our Heli-One business, we also deliver comprehensive and innovative helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul services - maximizing safety, optimizing mission readiness and reducing total cost of ownership for fleets operated by CHC and dozens of other operators. Heli-One’s expertise spans airframes developed and manufactured by companies such as AgustaWestland, Bell, Eurocopter and Sikorsky.
CHC and Heli-One are headquartered near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and operate more than 250 aircraft in about 30 countries around the world.
CHC Helicopter is recruiting for the vacant position:
- CHC has an exciting new opportunity for a Manager Flight Operations (MFO) for our new Nigerian Business Unit. This is a resident position based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- The MFO will act as Post holder “Operations Manager” for the Atlantic Aviation AOC and is responsible to the accountable executive for that AOC for the full execution of safe flight operations.
- Assumes legal accountability as the assigned post holder to assure the safe conduct of all flight operations executed under the AOC all in accordance with the Operations Manuals and the specifications of the AOC
- Active and accountable contributor to the centralized manpower planning, crew resource planning including training to guarantee on time delivery of contract requirements
- Assist the base managers with the performance management assessment of the pilots and other assigned staff. This may include the support of union consultation and negotiations
- Close liaison with the OC and the training department in order to secure timely deliverance and accurate supply of high quality and contract compliant personnel for the business
- Responsibility for hiring decisions for pilots for the nationalization program
- Supervision, organisation, function and manning of:
- Flight operations, Cabin safety, Crew scheduling and crew rosters, Training programmes, Flight safety and Flight dispatch / flight following functions
- The contents of the company operations manual, including:
- Supervision, production and amendment and Liaison with authorities on all matters about flight operations, including variations to the AOC
- Ensuring timely dissemination of internal and external safety information
- Active participator in the Occurrence Review Boards in resolving operational issues. Responsible for implementation of the ATQ/CHC Safety Management System as it relates to Flight Operations
- The post holder is also accountable for all training & licensing of pilots. This task may be delegated to the senior TRI/TRE or the Manager Crew Training
- A visible safety champion who will challenge unsafe acts and pursue improvements in safety culture and behaviour
- Leads by example and drives results through a disciplined and focused approach. Will support all aspects of talent management within his team
- International travel may be required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience with aviation management
- Currently hold an ATPL (H) with MCC, IR(H)
- Strong understanding of FAA and/or Nigerian Civil Aviation legislation and standards
- Must meet requirements of NCAR Post holder appointment
- Must have previous experience as an Offshore IFR or SAR Pilot
- Min 3 years’ experience as a credible leader with experience at a middle-senior management level
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to influence all internal and external stakeholders, recognizing cultural, legal and regional diversity
- Comprehensive understanding of key business drivers from both an operational and commercial perspective
- Strong working knowledge and experience of financial and budget planning processes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CHC Helicopter CorporationSimilar Jobs
- Aircraft Attendants at Pete Ground Services Limited
- Latest Jobs in the Aviation Industry Via Universal Careers