The Governing Council, Paul University Awka hereby announces that the position of Vice Chancellor of the University will soon be vacant. The Governing Council therefore invites suitably qualified candidates with relevant experience in University teaching and administration to apply.
The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University by virtue of which he is also the Chairman of Senate and Member of the Governing Council. He is responsible to the Governing Council in matters of policy implementation in the areas of finance, control of property/facilities, general administration and good governance of the institution. The Vice Chancellor is responsible to Senate for the admission of students, administration of academic programmes and student discipline, in consonance with extant rules and regulations.
Qualification and Experiences
- The candidate for the post of Vice Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- be a highly distinguished and self motivated academic of the rank of Professor for at least 10(ten) years, and have ability to provide academic leadership;
- be a successful scholar well rooted in the finest academic traditions; -
- be a seasoned academic who has attained a position of distinction and excellence in his or her chosen field of specialization;
- be a person with a good grasp of information and communication technology (ICT) skills, and appreciates their significance in the contemporary knowledge industry;
- be a person of courage, but humane, who can take decisive action on the merits of facts and principles, and not on the basis of sentiments or pressures from individuals and groups;
- possess high reputation nationally and internationally and be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities through his or her track records;
- be a person of proven integrity, with ability to give academic and administrative leadership so as to successfully lead a well-informed and articulate academic community;
- possess ability to build the needed bridges between staff and students on one hand, and between the university community and the public on the other hand.
- possess the ability to constantly reach out to the various Anglican Dioceses East of the Niger and the Proprietors on matters concerning the University;
- be sound in physical and mental health so as to be able to perform all the duties and discharge the responsibilities assigned to him by the law of the University and as may from time to time be directed by Council and its statutory committees.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The salary and conditions of service of the Vice Chancellor are as applicable to the post of Vice Chancellor in Paul University, Awka and as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
Method of Application
Applicants shall submit 30 copies each of their applications and Curriculum Vitae which shall contain the following:
- Full Name(surriame.in capital letters)
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status;
- Local Government Area;
- State of Origin;
- Educational qualifications (with dates, schools and universities attended);
- Home Church Address;
- Residential Address;
- Professional and Academic Achievements;
- Publications listed in Chronological Order;
- Positions held with dates;
- National and International Honours/Awards;
- The names and addresses of three referees who the candidate must contact to forward direct, to the Registrar, a confidential reporton him/her;
- Any other necessary information
Every candidate shall submit 30 copies of a statement of his vision and mission for the University. The envelope containing the completed application and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) shall be sealed and boldly marked Post of Vice Chancellor, Paul University, Awka at the top left hand corner of the sealed envelope;
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover to: