The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc), a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders), is currently seeking experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
- The role of this job holder is to ensure All ICT assets are specified, developed, deployed, maintained and operated to the highest well-known Information Security standards that foster a risk-mitigated business environment.
- Carry out activities that enhance the security posture of the organisation.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
Design, specify, deploy, operate and maintain IT assets to high security standards. Enforce cyber secure practices within the organization. Develop and deploy technical solutions that mitigate security vulnerabilities:
- Solve strategic and operational security issues
- Own key IT security metrics and trends and report them to stakeholders
- Implement corporate security standards, policies and practices fostering security awareness for all stakeholders and enhancing the organization’s maturity
- Enforce data privacy, data integrity and availability of ICT assets, ensure access compliance to high security ICT infrastructure - i.e. data centres/ data archive centres.
- Contribute to Budget Preparation
- Carry out Security Audits, Risk Analysis, Application and System Level Vulnerability Testing, Code Reviews, Patch Management
- Research and Identify New Cyber Attack Risks from Industry Specific, Local and Global Perspectives
- Carry out Discreet Audits on CCTV & Access Control Systems Operate in a 24/7 Security Operations Centre
- Provides Technical leadership for the Cyber Security Team
- Build strong team to meet Corporate Cyber Security Requirements
- Lead and mentor Team to ensure Professional growth
- BSc./HND in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and other Physical Science courses.
- CCNP, CISA, CISSP/ CEH, Security or equivalent certifications will be an added advantage
- Infrastructure and Networking Knowledge Essential
- Software development background desirable
- Application level vulnerability testing and web application security. Strong foundation and knowledge of network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography. Code level security auditing a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience.
- Knowledge of Security as applied to Virtualized Environments and Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 Domains, COBIT Framework and Their Implementation
- Developed People Skills.
- Highly Agile with Ability to Work Extra Hours at Short Notice
- Project Management Skills.
- Good Analytical, Organizational & Multitasking Skills.
- Good Communication, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
- Discreet with Integrity
- Self-Motivated with Focus on Results within Tight Deadlines
Method of Application
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
- All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
- Only soft copy of applications will be treated and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview
Interested and qualified? Go to Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) career website on www.abujaelectricity.com to apply