Career at DEEPEN
Posted on: 16 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at Mott MacDonald
DEEPEN is a five-year UK government-funded programme designed to improve the quality of education in private schools in Nigeria. The programme will support low-cost schools in particular and is initially focused on the private school market in Lagos. The Intervention Leader for Finance will design, manage and lead the programme’s interventions and activities to facilitate an increased use of and access to financial services and products to support improvements in Lagos’ private schools.
With guidance and assistance from the Team Leader, Portfolio Manager/Deputy Team Leader and Results and Learning (R&L) Leader, the Intervention Leader will also work to monitor and measure the impact of DEEPEN and to develop synergies across the programme to reduce the effect of wider market constraints.
Job Ref: 12168BR
Job Category: Education
- Responsible for all programme activities and interventions (including monitoring and results measurement (MRM)) within the Finance work stream.
- Design and manage the overall intervention strategy within the Finance work stream
- Develop and manage the budget for each intervention and activity
- Develop an activity plan and results chain for each intervention and reviewing such documents
- Provide a written progress report on a monthly basis and contribute to the quarterly programme reports
- Participate in monthly team meetings to report on progress
- Support the development of an effective system in respect of the Finance work stream
- Provide the team with regular data on work stream activities and progress as required
- Significant professional experience working on finance and/or microfinance projects or programmes, ideally with experience in international and/or social development.
- Education to first level degree or equivalent.
- Effective people and team management skills.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Strong project management, financial and budgeting skills.
- Fluent in English (spoken, reading and writing) with good writing skills.
- Experience working in international and cross-cultural contexts.
- Confidence/proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and email packages.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- First degree and/or Masters in finance, economics, education and/or international development.
- Experience working with mobile money schemes and/or conducting financial research.
- Experience working in education, private education and/or low-cost private schools.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams in projects or programmes with components of social development and/or poverty reduction.
- Experience working with donor agencies (specifically DFID).
- Experience conducting training and facilitating workshops in a developing and cross-cultural context.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mott MacDonaldSimilar Jobs
- The Anti-Corruption Academy of Nigeria (ACAN) - ICPC Academy Fresh Job Recruitment
- Job Openings at the Enugu State Government Community Agency (World Bank Assisted Project)
- LE III TWG Foreman at British High Commission
- Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission Recruiting for Electoral Officers
- Regional Analyst Recruitment at British High Commission
- External Auditors at the West African Power Pool (WAPP)
- Job Vacancies at The African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Bilingual Secretary (WAHO) at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)