|GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com|
The Senior Service Manager demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for PGS business. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. The role can be based in Nigeria, Ghana, and South Africa
- Responsible for PGS contractual services business including parts, repairs and field services for Sub Saharan Africa
- Lead service engineering to accomplish effective support of customer service objectives
- Drive field services fulfillment excellence, productivity and LEAN processes
- Understand and help with performance issues (cycle and cost)
- Manage cost control, quality, and operations-oriented customer communications
- Take lead in technical aspects of customer meetings
- Drive compliance to all PGS operating metrics, methods and procedures and support tools such as FSP, OSC, Policy
6.0, and FESC
Pricing / Proposal
- Work with CM/CPM to get intelligence on projects and communicate with customer on project status
- Assist commercial team on customer strategy
- Provide job cost estimates, scope clarifications for commercial operations and proposal generation
Financial Management / Forecasting
- Provide finance team with financial projections, quarterly estimating for sales & margin, resource estimates, and support and manage timely billing and receivables collection
- Work on pricing decisions within Delegation of Authority (DOA) guidelines
- Provide timely and effective warranty management & administration services
- Provide accurate and timely information to assigned personnel regarding salary planning, performance appraisals, career counseling, and disciplinary action as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum five years of experience in Field Services
- Over 10 years experience in the Energy Sector
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Team leader in a dynamic, energetic and fast-paced environment
- Strong quality background
- Strong leadership / influence and business / commercial skills
- Knowledge and experience with high-level customers
The PGP Sales Director for Sub Saharan Africa will report directly into the Africa GM and be responsible for delivering on the regional business plan for a growing and complex region. In this role you will manage and lead a team of Sales Managers in a variety of countries in the Sub Saharan region.as well as integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise and be involved in long-term plannin.
- Develop solutions for customers in order to drive Sales of PGP products and sales pull thru for adjacent GE products in SSA
- Deliver on fiscal year business plan and build a strong mid to long term deal pipeline of projects to sustain deal flow
- Lead and develop a team of 4-5 Sales Managers located in multiple countries into a high performing team
- Effectively manage a large number of deals in all phases of the selling cycle from screening to prioritization to closing with an emphasis on closing by selling the value of our products and integration solutions
- Develop strong professional relationships with key regional or sector influencers up to and including customer CEO’s and Minister level
- Develop a pipeline of business opportunities for the assigned regional/sector, and a clear strategy for achieving success on these projects in coordination with Development and Country leaders
- Achieving ongoing sales growth and profitability targets in the region selling the full portfolio of products and services in partnership with the Account Management Team.
- Ability to build a strong mid to long term deal pipeline while executing on the short term business plan for current fiscal year
- Providing a high-level of technical sales support to the Account Management team on a specific series of municipal applications.
- Track record managing multi-million dollar Sales P&L
- Bachelors in Engineering or relevant discipline and Advanced Degree preferred
- Commercial Leadership – 10 years commercial experience and proven track record of leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage in Matrix environment/organization.
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedule commitments.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with senior executive teams and senior government officials
- Ability to manage large, complex sales cycles
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of regional Power market in SSA
- Experience closing large (multi-million USD) deals in SSA region
- Strong existing relationships with regional players and decision makers in the Power sector in the SSA region (Project Developers, EPC’s, IPP’s etc.)
- Finance Knowledge is a plus and understanding of deal strategy required
- Prior Experience in Project Development and understanding of the IPP framework in SSA desired
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
The Lead Customer Service Engineer will work closely with the Service Manager to execute all activities typically delivered on site (at customer premises) whether scheduled or not, such as installation, maintenance, and diagnostic activity, including completing repairs and conducting customer training.
- Review and Issue of Field Service Maintenance and Installation Reports
- Responsible for Controller Datasheet (CDS), Billing Edit Check Development and General Invoicing
- Ensure EHS Audits; JCE Development Process
- Handle Outage, Warranty and Installation Planning Process
- Manage Customer Technical Issue Resolution; Sourcing Process; Field Service and Power Generation Portal and Processes
- Take ownership of Nonconformance Reporting; Customer Issue Resolution (CIR) Process and Site Compensation Process
- Initiate Net Promoter Score (NPS) Survey Requests & FEPA Survey Request
- Responsible for Field Resource Management Process; Service Shop Resource Demand Placement & Service Manager Event
- Monitor the completion and submission of Job Assignment Sheet
- Attend to LEAN Kaizen Application, Work Instruction Clarification/Revision Request
- Carry out any other duties as may be ssigned from time to time according to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- Relevant field engineering experience (at least 4 years) is required.
- 6 + years in mechanical or industrial engineering
- Business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
- Customer service mindset
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Desired Characteristics: Minimum of 6 years experience with installation and maintenance programs for Gas Turbine & Generator sets and all related offbase related auxilliary equipment.
- Good command of oral and written English skill.
- A depth of relevant experience in energy power industry
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction site and travel worldwide.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.