Tranzit is a free web/mobile enabled transportation and delivery service operating out of Lagos Nigeria.
• Acting as web and Mobile developer lead.
• Deliver across the entire app life cycle - concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
• Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and release products
• Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
• Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
• Working along with the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
• Working with developers to build the interface with focus on usability features
• Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
• Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort.
• Optimising performance for the apps.
• Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
• Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Attend industry events / conference – both attending and presenting
• Experience building Web and Mobile Apps.
• Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
• Cognitive skills and Mathematics reasoning
• Excellent scoping and estimation skills
• Excellent testing / Q&A skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally
• Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)
• Familiar with Eclipse and PhoneGap
• Familiar with the Android SDK
• Knowledge of MySQL.
• Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
• Experience of development using web technologies
• Experience building web and native apps
• Experience using social media APIs
• Using version control (e.g. SVN)
• Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
Applicants are required to send in a CV as an Attachment in MSword Format on or before friday 20th June 2014 to Jobs@tranzit.ng
In the email body, (not attachment), Please include a cover letter listing completed projects, describing the purpose of each project, a link to the project and what part you played.
Remuneration. Above industry Average.
Email Subject: Developer