StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is a Group of Companies comprising an oil and gas firm and other subsidiaries.
Department/Division: Branding & Corporate Communications
To manage the organization’s identity and improve product sales and market share by making sure the organization’s advertising and marketing activities send out the right image, creating brand guidelines and ensuring the guidelines are adhered by.
Duties and responsibilities
- Engages with Executive Management and relevant parties (e.g. Consultants) to develop a unique brand identity that would be recognised by employees, customers, and other public
- Works with Executive Management to formulate a Brand & Corporate Communications strategy that will support the organization’s corporate goals and targets and drives its implementation
- Proposes, manages and controls the Brand & Corporate Communications budget
- Develops, obtains approval and implements programmes and initiatives to promote the organization’s brand nationally and internationally
- Liaises with external brand consultants on critical branding initiatives
- Advises management on issues related to the company's corporate reputation and recommends appropriate responses/course of action
- Advises Executive Management on market indicators, product design, pricing, and product performance
- Coordinates new product launches (both internal and external)
- Monitors product distribution and consumer reactions through focus groups and market research
- Provides technical branding support and guidance in the organisation of the Company’s public events (road shows, product launches, customer fora, etc.)
- Develops and implements appropriate research and monitoring programme to track the organization’s brand’s performance and recommend actions to address identified issues
- Makes informed decisions on brand development, supports new brand activities and ensures the brand values and culture are reflected accurately
- Liaises with Risk, Legal and Compliance personnel, to ensure the brand is registered for trademark and intellectual property rights where necessary and that this value is understood
- Ensures the marketing communications plan for the brand includes internal and external customers through strong stakeholder planning
- Oversees the design and production of marketing collateral and promotional programmes e.g. adverts, online campaigns, corporate websites and liaises with the relevant suppliers to deliver them
- Provides support to the Human Capital department to develop and implement the employer branding strategy and associated programmes
- Provides support to the Human Capital department to develop, explore options and execute the employee communications and engagement programmes. Ensures they are consistent and integrated into the overall branding and communications strategy and imperatives
- Manages the consistent and accurate delivery of key business messages to defined audiences
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the wider policy and practice environment that affects the oil and gas industry and advises management on the implications for the brand
- Minimum of 6 years of combined experience in the Marketing/Corporate Communications of a Group business and Marketing or Branding Agency with at least 3 years in a management role.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Social Sciences, or any other relevant discipline.
A relevant MBA / Master’s Degree with a specialist focus on Marketing
Skills and Competencies:
- Corporate identity management
- Crisis management
- Company profiling
- Product design and branding
- Marketing communications
- Media relations
- Reputation management
- Events management
- Communication (written, verbal and presentation)
- Relationship management
- Conflict management
Key Performance Metrics (Performance Area & Performance Indicators)
- Independent market assessment of brand strength
- Positive employee ratings on brand perception (affiliation and advocacy)
- Positive external stakeholders ratings on brand affiliation
- Effectiveness of media relations
- Quality of public events and sponsorships
- Feedback from recipients of Corporate Social
- Timeliness & Cost-effectiveness of budgets
- Variance between planned and actual budgets
- Ability to work within allocated Headcount
- Effectiveness of performance in relation to people management including attendance, turnover and other relevant metrics)
- Performance in relation to people development e.g. Training
- Clarity & Completeness of Communications
- Feedback gotten from various stakeholders
- Cost-effectiveness in an adopted communications system
Method of Application
Forward all applications to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘MBCC’ as the subject of application before 15th July 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.