Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, legal aid and a wide range of other protection assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system in the area of Finance. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Contract type: National contract
Slot: 3 Openings
About the Job
- Assisting in enhancing the livelihoods of beneficiaries through the provision of business training, business grants support, beneficiary information and skills training while developing the social cohesion between host community and IDPs.
Supporting SME Development, CTP and Agricultural Inputs Distributions:
- Ensure beneficiaries are screened, selected and verified through use of developed targeting criteria in operational areas.
- Provide livelihood guidance, on an individual or group basis, to increase beneficiaries’ awareness of different business options based on market assessment and beneficiary interests.
- Provide information to beneficiaries about livelihood and business development opportunities.
- Organize small business training and business planning activities with beneficiaries
- Provide information to beneficiaries on skills trainings, market opportunities, and small enterprise creation.
- Assist beneficiaries in the establishment of home gardens/poultry production and continued support throughout the project timeframe.
- Facilitate the implementation of Cash Transfer programmes and ward level; Unconditional/Conditional Cash Grants and Cash for Work
- Work with line manager to plan for agricultural inputs distributions and ensuring inputs distributed accountably.
- Work closely with Ministry of Agriculture Extension workers in facilitating vegetable farming/poultry production trainings for beneficiaries.
- Support the organization of trainings and other events related to the project.
- Establish linkages to adult learning institutions and refer beneficiaries to selected courses.
- Provide administrative support if required.
- Submit weekly reports and contribute to compilation of the monthly report and submit to line manager.
- Coordination of Ward level stakeholders in consultation with line manager.
- Ensure that protocol is followed through stakeholder consultation at all stages of project implementation.
Social Cohesion Programming:
- Assess the relevance of potential intercommunal dialogue activities linked to livelihoods to improve the dialogue and cooperation between these fields (e.g. joint workshops, peer-to-peer activities, language exchanges, etc.).
- Select beneficiaries who will participate in the activities through youth empowerment and community safety planning in coordination with AVR teams.
- Maintain Excel tracking sheet to ensure that data are collected on a timely basis.
- Contribute to regular reporting on achievements and challenges related to the project as requested by the Livelihoods Officer.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Work closely with the monitoring team and the Livelihood Officer on the timely monitoring and evaluation of all components – information, beneficiary selection, beneficiary feedback about activities, etc.
- Facilitate the qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the project through team meetings, visits to selected beneficiaries, regular reporting and any other monitoring tools.
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC's core competencies:
- Prepare and share work plan with the CBT Officer according to the programme detail and implementation plan
- Provide the CBT Officer with relevant documents, and channel issues.
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Business Administration, sociology, social work, international affairs, humanitarian or related field.
- Prior experience implementing CBT with an INGO is preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- 1-2 years working experience, in the field of business is require
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Kanuri or Hausa is required
- Contract length: 6 MONTHS
- Level: NM-I
- Designation of Duty Station: Michika
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
Method of Application
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants who are invited for written test and oral interview will be contacted.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council (DRC) career website on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply