Latest Job Vacancy at Airtel Nigeria
Posted on: 13 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Airtel
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
- Uptime Improvement for Sites where the other Opcos are present on airtel Towerco sites only:
- Drive and Lead the Strategy for O & M at Tower Co to sensure:
- High Availability of Network
- Delivery of high level of service to enhance Customer Experience
- Deployment of best in class processes for effective functioning of O&M function in the OpCo.
- Adherence to the defined SLAs & quality parameters
- Assess O & M systems, methods and procedures to determine the most cost efficient way of delivering services while achieving the highest levels of client satisfaction and quality.
- Provide inputs on O&M Function towards the development of the AOP for Tower Co.
- Devise and implement strategies and recommend ways of reducing the Opex related to energy.
- Drive effective operations of O&M Function
- Periodically review functional KPIs and direct the O& M team to ensure a very high availability of the network to deliver world class customer experience.
- Formulate and recommend the improvement targets, identify the variances and ensure the execution of process improvement plans.
- Ensure that the O &M team comply to processes and procedures to provide world class client satisfaction and reliability
- Handle escalations and facilitate resolution of issues
- Ensure high level of Customer Engagement through interaction with Key Customers as well as through provisioning of high level of service.
- Engage with key executive of the operator companies to develop and nurture customer relationship.
- Personally intervene, if needed, and facilitate resolution of issues through appropriate directions to the team.
- Periodically review the data on the status of all operations to identify opportunities for driving efficiency and improved customer service.
- Engage with the heads of other functional teams at Tower Co for meeting SLA’s and ensuring smooth operations.
- Ensure that there are no penalties levied on towerco by the guest operator.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Engineering Graduate preferably Electrical engineering
- Telecom Industry exposure of 8 + years.
- Experience with service providers and equipment vendors in O&M, product lifecycle management, technical analysis.
- Prior experience of handling of O & M process
- Effective team management and project management skills
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Effective communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Deadline and closure oriented
- Demonstrated ability to influence people
- Issue and conflict resolution
- Personal Initiative to keep abreast with regulatory requirements for risk and controls
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AirtelSimilar Jobs
- Head, IT at Smile Communications
- Support Executive at HostNowNow
- Senior Sales Manager at General Electric (GE) Nigeria
- Latest Job Vacancy at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria
- Call Center Officer at Seedstars
- Job Opportunity at Aptech Computer Education
- Fresh Job Opportunities at MainOne
- Job Vacancies at IPT Power Tech