Seabless Fishing Company Limited is a fishing company registered and incorporated with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) on the 14th of July 2000.
The Company was incorporated as an indigenous Nigerian Company with a direct focus on Industrial and Commercial fishing in Nigeria and West Africa involving the processing and packaging of Sea food products for both Local and Foreign sales.
The present registered operational base is at NPA Jetty, Kirikiri Phase I, Apapa- Lagos.
Location: Apapa, Lagos.
- The HR/Administrative Assistant will ensure that the HR/Admin department has support on all clerical, administrative and HR tasks.
- He/she will provide support to management as required, and anticipate and resolve administrative issues that may hinder the smooth operations of the department.
- The HR/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that a responsive and consistent quality service support is provided to all employees and managers when approaching the HR department and to effectively manage all HR administrative duties to enable the HR/Admin team to successfully achieve their goals and objectives.
General Administrative/HR duties:
- Provide administrative support for HR and senior executives.
- Organize, compile, and update company personnel records and documentation.
- Manage and update HR databases with different information such as new hires, terminations, sick leaves, warnings, vacation and days off.
- Prepare, manage and store paperwork for HR policies and procedures.
- Answer employees’ questions and provide requested information on Health issues and other HR related matters.
- Draft employment contract for staff and collect all information required for the employment contract. (ID card, photos, identification information, “recruitment package” etc.)
- Maintain schedule and coordinate calendar activities.
- Assist with Leave planning and follow up with leave requests.
- Assist recruiters in posting job ads on Job portals and processing received resumes.
- Maintain staff training records.
- Answer telephone calls and provide needed information.
- Prepare reports, presentations and minutes of meetings as directed.
- Manage new hire on-boarding process and draft new hire announcements.
- Track staff birthdays and send congratulatory messages.
- Maintain external contact details for key stakeholders.
- Ensure adequate availability and timely replenishment of office supplies/cleaning supplies.
- Manage filing and records.
- Facilitate company certificate renewals with affiliated Government bodies and Agencies.
- Timely review of all incoming mail, and responding or re-routing to the correct respondents.
- Timely and professional preparation of outgoing letters/mail for the organization.
- Manage and record all incoming and outgoing mail to ensure a database for future reference is maintained for speedy and accurate future reference.
- Manage all internal and external queries and requests, responding and re-directing accordingly.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field (i.e. Business or HR management/Human Relations)
- HR related certifications will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy - MS Office applications, in particular
- Excellent organizational and Presentation skills, with an ability to take initiative and prioritize important tasks.
- Strong Oral and Written English skills
Other Skills Required:
- Proactive, autonomy, planning, analytical, clear communication, work under pressure, ability to facilitate change, persuade and negotiate to reach acceptable compromise/solutions among all levels in the organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail