If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WRS is a UK based consultancy working in the worldwide Oil & Gas, Power and Mining industries. We recruit for both permanent staff requirements and temporary to long term consultancy roles. We offer a specialist recruitment service working with specific candidates for specific requirements.
A Joint venture between my client and a global provider of technical, project and operational support services to the Oil and Gas industry.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional/Chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
- 15 years minimum experience in Offshore / FPSO Oil and Gas Design industry
- Substantial proven experience of detailed Mechanical engineering gained with design contractors
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow HSE procedures
- Good knowledge of Structural packages such as PV Elite, PDMS/ PDS, AUTOCAD and MS Office Suite
- Proven leadership, excellent coordination and communication skills
- Main Responsibilities include:
- An extensive current design experience is required in Mechanical design and engineering, for topsides & FPSO Mechanical layouts and detailed Mechanical design, all gained with notable design contractors and/or oil/gas companies within the petrochemical industry particularly with respect to offshore & FPSO oil and gas installations.
- Co-ordinates all Mechanical Engineering activities and deliverables (specifications, datasheets, schedule, weight control Report, Analysis etc.) and ensures they are produced to the correct level of quality and in accordance with the project plans and procedures.
- Review, Validate and approve the FEED documents on FPSO / Topsides. This information shall be the basis for the detailed design.
- Estimates project man-hour budgets, reviews budgets with project management and maintains schedule throughout the life cycle of the project
- Effectively manages changes in discipline work scope.
- Mechanical analysis in the areas of dropped object etc.
- Evaluate and process technical clarifications, NCR's (deviation requests) from Contractor or mechanical equipment suppliers related to mechanical discipline requirements.
- Must have the capacity to work under pressure and managed the work within tight schedules.
- Undertakes all matters related to planning, progressing and reporting. Compiles / develops plans for the production and issuing of the Mechanical deliverables
- Supervises the creation of project mechanical material specifications, mechanical design standards, technical design instructions, Mechanical modelling, design and drafting activities, codes and standards, and discipline work practices / procedures.
- Ensures interaction with other disciplines for all interfaces and effectively co-ordinates Structural engineering activities with the project and client.
- Attends and contributes to design / construction reviews.
- Liaise with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes & standards.
- Apply an awareness and willingness to work as a team member.
- Must comply with HSE and quality requirements including periodic Audits at the project and corporate level and ensure compliance of same by subordinates.
- Ability to coach and develop staff for both discipline skills and engineering management.
- Must be willing to work in Sub Sahara Region of Africa.
go to method of application »
Position reports to: Mechanical Lead
Scope: To carry out corrosion risk and material selection studies for a major FPSO projects in Nigeria
- Selection, review of materials for Oil and Gas facilities.
- Assessment of Service life Corrosion (SLC), Life Cycle Cost analysis (LCC) for Oil and Gas projects.
- Design and review of Cathodic Protection (CP) systems and Corrosion Monitoring (CM) facilities for and Gas projects.
- Corrosion Management/Integrity assessment of Oil and Gas projects.
- Review of Intelligent Pigging (IP) and engineering assessment of identified pipeline defects.
- Selection and performance evaluation of corrosion inhibitors for oil and gas applications.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in materials selection, corrosion management & integrity assessments in major oil and gas projects.
- Experience in use of international Corrosion Modelling software packages.
- Good knowledge and experience with the international codes and standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
go to method of application »
Based in Lagos, the successful applicant will take up the role of Senior Process Engineer focused on the design of a major offshore FPSO facility.
- With a Bachelors or Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent, suitable applicants must have substantial proven experience of detailed process engineering gained with notable design contractors in FEED and detailed process engineering design.
- A minimum 15 years' experience in the in offshore / FPSO topside process design in the Oil and Gas Design industry is required along with proven knowledge of process packages such as HYSYS, FLARENET, FLARESIM and PIPEPHASE
- Co-ordinates all Process Engineering activities and deliverables (specs, datasheets, schedule, weight control Report etc.) and ensures they are produced to the correct level of quality and in accordance with the project plans and procedures
- Support and participate in the Review, of FEED documents on FPSO. This information shall be the basis for the detailed design
- Assist the lead in project man-hour budgets, reviews budgets with project management and maintains schedule throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Assist the Lead to manage changes in discipline work scope.
- Must have the capacity to work under pressure and managed the work within tight schedules
- Support the Lead in all matters related to planning, progressing and reporting. Compiles / develops plans for the production and issuing of the process deliverables in accordance with specification and contractual requirements as well as safety, operability, maintainability and constructability aspects
- Must be able to undertake the sizing of equipment, P&ID development, Process Data sheet preparation, calculations, Process philosophy, Basis of Design, duty specification preparation, Process simulation with HYSIS or equivalent and discipline work procedures
- Attends and contributes to Safety Analysis, design reviews, HAZOP and HAZID
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.