ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. We aim to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management. We support our 162,000 members and 428,000 students in 173 countries, helping them to develop successful careers in accounting and business, with the skills needed by employers. ACCA works to achieve and promote the highest professional, ethical and governance standards and advance the public interest.To apply, please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter (indicating your salary expectations) and explaining why you are suitable for this opportunity.
- ACCA currently has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Head of Policy to join our team in Sub-Saharan Africa in either South Africa, Kenya or Nigeria.As the Head of Policy – Sub-Saharan Africa you will be required to support the delivery of ACCA’s market recognition and thought leadership agendas throughout the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- This is a key role requiring the ability to anticipate developments and identify opportunities which may impact on ACCA’s corporate strategy in the region and to build relationships, especially with influential regional and national organisations, politicians and related organisations, which will work towards shaping these developments in ACCA’s favour.
- The role will also require you to work with ACCA’s national offices across the region and other key growth markets within the Sub-Saharan Africa region in support of ACCA’s 2020 strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to at least degree but preferably to post graduate or professional qualification level.
- A thorough understanding of business and relevant policy issues in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- An understanding of accountancy or of issues impacting on the financial services sector, as well as an interest in or experience of issues such as sustainability, small business, corporate governance and access to finance.
- Proven research, drafting and writing experience at a high level.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills. Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills with the ability to engage and energise people at all levels.
- A strong track record of delivery in a corporate communications or public affairs function within a high-profile organisation, willingness to travel extensively across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- An awareness and experience of the variety and diversity of the business environments, practices and cultures within Sub-Saharan Africa.
Method of Application
To apply, please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter (indicating your salary expectations) and explaining why you are suitable for this opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, unfortunately, you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Please ensure CV is attached when applying!!!
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale