Career At SightSavers
Posted on: 13 June, 2014
Deadline: 10 July, 2014
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Sightsavers
Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world.
Location: Sub-Saharan Africa (located within one of Sightsavers’ country offices)
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Programme Development Advisor in Eye Health and Health Systems Strengthening to join Sightsavers’ Programme Development and Innovations Team.
- Working with the existing team of technical experts, the post holder will ensure that our programme portfolio in eye health, health systems strengthening, and human resources development is aligned with Sightsavers’ organisational strategy and international best practise.
- The post holder will provide the organisation with technical leadership and guidance, ensuring that our policies, advocacy and programmes are aligned with our strategic approach.
- They will work in close liaison with other Programme Development Advisors in Eye Health to guide the organisation in developing and implementing strategic approaches to strengthening health systems.
- The ideal candidate will have considerable experience of developing eye health and health systems strengthening programmes at national and international levels.
- A medical doctor with post-graduate qualifications in ophthalmology and/or public health, the successful candidate will have good knowledge of health systems and policy-making processes in Africa, as well as experience of working with national governments and international institutions such as the World Health Organisation, International Agency for Prevention of Blindness, World Bank and other International Development Organisations (INGDOs).
Method of Application
To apply, and for further details about the role, please download an application pack from http://www.sightsavers.net/about_us/vacancies/default.html
Please download our application form and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form as two separate documents to email@example.com The hiring manager would also like to see your CV therefore please send it through with the rest of documents.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SightsaversSimilar Jobs
- Marketing Jobs at Green Field Health Management Ltd
- Job Vacancy at Synapse Services
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (Quality Assurance Specialist) at Kleinburg Medical Center
- Spa Therapists at Skin101 Clinics
- Job Opening at Alzbett Life Consultant Medical Centre
- Graduate Office Managers at a Leading Health Organisation - Stresert Services Limted
- Business Managers at JNC International Limited
- Jobs at Lagoon Hospital