Career At SightSavers
Posted on: 13 June, 2014
Deadline: 10 July, 2014
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Sightsavers
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world.
Location: Sub-Saharan Africa (located within one of Sightsavers’ country offices)
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Programme Development Advisor in Eye Health and Health Systems Strengthening to join Sightsavers’ Programme Development and Innovations Team.
- Working with the existing team of technical experts, the post holder will ensure that our programme portfolio in eye health, health systems strengthening, and human resources development is aligned with Sightsavers’ organisational strategy and international best practise.
- The post holder will provide the organisation with technical leadership and guidance, ensuring that our policies, advocacy and programmes are aligned with our strategic approach.
- They will work in close liaison with other Programme Development Advisors in Eye Health to guide the organisation in developing and implementing strategic approaches to strengthening health systems.
- The ideal candidate will have considerable experience of developing eye health and health systems strengthening programmes at national and international levels.
- A medical doctor with post-graduate qualifications in ophthalmology and/or public health, the successful candidate will have good knowledge of health systems and policy-making processes in Africa, as well as experience of working with national governments and international institutions such as the World Health Organisation, International Agency for Prevention of Blindness, World Bank and other International Development Organisations (INGDOs).
Method of Application
To apply, and for further details about the role, please download an application pack from http://www.sightsavers.net/about_us/vacancies/default.html
Please download our application form and return the completed application form and equal opportunities form as two separate documents to email@example.com The hiring manager would also like to see your CV therefore please send it through with the rest of documents.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SightsaversSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Whole Health Desk
- Medical Laboratory Scientists at Tabitha Medical Center
- Medical Officer Vacancy at Me Cure Healthcare Limited
- Regional Sales Manager - West Africa at Medtronic
- Latest Jobs at Green Field Health Management Ltd
- Field Auditors at DKT International
- Medical Jobs at the Imo International Health Systems
- Fresh Jobs at Century Medicaid Services Limited