Executive Director at WAAW Foundation
Posted on: 25 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at WAAW Foundation
WAAW (Working to Advance Science and Technology Education for African Women) Foundation is an international non-profit organization founded in 2007. Headquartered in Lagos Nigeria with offices in Abuja Nigeria, Kigali Rwanda and Allen Texas.
- Are you an influential manager with ability to lead and motivate? Do you have great communication skills and the ability to take a holistic approach in managing organization’s operations?
- WAAW foundation is looking for an experienced Executive Director (minimum of 10 years working experience in development sector or social business management) to oversee all WAAW operations, functions and activities in Africa. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for WAAW consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives in program development and administration.
Leadership and Operational management:
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Assure that WAAW has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization & its activities
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- Ensure that personnel, client, donor and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
Project planning and Management:
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the organization's programs and services.
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization & its mission and reflect the priorities of the Board.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality.
- Ensuring that project goals and objectives are met in accordance with grant proposals.
- Coordinating monthly meetings and ongoing communication with partners and weekly meetings with internal staff.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Human resources planning and management:
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Oversee the implementation of human resources policies, procedures, and practices including the development of job description for all staff.
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Recruit, interview, and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the organization & its mission.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of Staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
Financial planning and management:
- Work with staff and the Board (Finance Committee) to prepare a comprehensive budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the organization.
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organization.
- Jointly, with the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Develop and expand local fundraising activities, with a strong focus on cultivating new – and leveraging existing – relationships with local foundations and individual donors.
- Build and manage a Board of Advisors to support the growth and sustainability of the foundation in Africa.
- Responsible for grants, major gifts, and other fundraising mechanisms. Identify new potential funding streams. Support national strategic objectives to increase funding streams, both regionally and nationally.
- Represent WAAW as part of international funding efforts with other Directors, our Advisory Services team and the President/CEO.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Elevate WAAW’s profile, project its image and promote the WAAW brand through engaged representation at conferences, meetings, education/Women events, media outreach, and public events
- Build and maintain relationships with local policymakers, union leaders, key stakeholders, interest groups, and elected officials
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- BSc a must, Masters in Social Enterprise, Marketing, MBA or other related areas a huge Plus
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations.
- Knowledge of STEM Education
- Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations including employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, CPP, EI, health coverage etc…
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Knowledge of human resources management
- Knowledge of financial management
- Knowledge of project management
- Professional experience in education, education policy, community/campaign organizing, and/or advocacy
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, including a board of advisors
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional strategic planning skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions.
- Flexible, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity. Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Visionary leader with the ability to engage others on the team
- Expertise at developing and sustaining corporate, foundational and civic/government relationships.
- High energy, passion, and commitment to WAAW’s mission and vision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to WAAW Foundation career website on herbalgoodness.bamboohr.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WAAW FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Consultants at Action Against Hunger
- Grants Manager at Creative Associates International
- Finance, Administrative & HR Coordinator at Terre des hommes (Tdh)
- Consultants at The United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Senior Shelter Cluster Coordination Officer at The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Program Director at Mercy Corps
- Job Openings at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- WASH Coordinator at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)