Quantity Surveyor at IAN Associates
Posted on: 12 June, 2014
Deadline: 30 June, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at IAN Associates
IAN Associates is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction.
- Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
- Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Head of Commercial for placing sub-contract order.
- For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires.
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order.
- Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing.
- Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team.
- Draft Customer Extras Sheet to agree with Management. Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors.
- Issue Customer Extras List at pre-start meeting.
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Head of Commercial.
- Draft Budget estimate summary for approval by the Head of Commercial.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate.
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
- Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate Summary and report to Management
- Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete.
- Carry out monthly progress checklist on site for all sites.
- Input progress on valuation system.
- Prepare sub-contract accruals.
- Produce Valuation Breakdown Reconciliation (VBR).
- Carry out cost and value reconciliation on all items in VBR and agree final VBR with Management.
- Agree costs with the Accounts Department.
- Prepare Cost Value Comparison (Profit & Loss) notes.
- Follow change control procedure.
- Issue Variation Orders as appropriate.
- Attend sites regularly and frequently to provide assistance and support to site staff.
- Develop and enforce Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Qualifications, Training And Experience
- B.Sc. or HND Quantity Surveying from reputable institutions.
- Must have minimum five years’ experience in QS with strong bias for Building Contracting
- Must be registered members of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (MNIQS) with at least five years cognate experience.
- Must be computer literate using MS Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Good organizational skills and work with minimum supervision, good writing and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate loyalty, integrity and ethical conduct.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IAN AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at Byteworks Technology Solutions Ltd
- Team Lead - Quality Analyst at Lorache Consulting
- Front Desk Officer at Rovedana Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Sales Vacancies at Elevantix Consulting Limited
- Job Openings at AIM Group Limited
- Job Vacancies at Proten International
- Job Vacancies at Adexen Recruitment Agency