Quantity Surveyor at IAN Associates
Posted on: 12 June, 2014
Deadline: 30 June, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at IAN Associates
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
IAN Associates is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction.
- Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
- Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Head of Commercial for placing sub-contract order.
- For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires.
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order.
- Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing.
- Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team.
- Draft Customer Extras Sheet to agree with Management. Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors.
- Issue Customer Extras List at pre-start meeting.
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Head of Commercial.
- Draft Budget estimate summary for approval by the Head of Commercial.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate.
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
- Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate Summary and report to Management
- Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete.
- Carry out monthly progress checklist on site for all sites.
- Input progress on valuation system.
- Prepare sub-contract accruals.
- Produce Valuation Breakdown Reconciliation (VBR).
- Carry out cost and value reconciliation on all items in VBR and agree final VBR with Management.
- Agree costs with the Accounts Department.
- Prepare Cost Value Comparison (Profit & Loss) notes.
- Follow change control procedure.
- Issue Variation Orders as appropriate.
- Attend sites regularly and frequently to provide assistance and support to site staff.
- Develop and enforce Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Qualifications, Training And Experience
- B.Sc. or HND Quantity Surveying from reputable institutions.
- Must have minimum five years’ experience in QS with strong bias for Building Contracting
- Must be registered members of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (MNIQS) with at least five years cognate experience.
- Must be computer literate using MS Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Good organizational skills and work with minimum supervision, good writing and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate loyalty, integrity and ethical conduct.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IAN AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Digital Marketing Manager at Workforce Group
- Information Technology Job Vacancies at Rovedana Limited
- Latest Jobs at McTimothy Associates
- Operations Manager at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Account Executive, Business Development - Small Package at UPS Supply Chain Solutions
- Business Development Manager - Wireline Logging at Maurice Xandra Solutions
- Latest Jobs at The Concept Group
- Android Developer at Rovedana