A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. So whether you’re looking for an internship, graduate opportunities, or a job opening to progress your professional career, at Unilever you can shape your own path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
Unilever Nigeria is looking to hire an Expert in Nutrition & Health management
The employee contributes to growth by driving Nutrition & Health (N&H) for brands, categories and corporate. Based on local market insights manages N&H risks and opportunities wrt portfolio and claims and deploys centrally developed N&H communication packages / initiatives.
Understand brand / category strategy and N&H environment (policies, consumers, markets, competitors, health influencers) and share these with GDC or RDC to identify nutrition and health opportunities (key cells).
Contribute to the claims co-generation process by identifying risk / opportunities and sharing these in early stages with the GDC / RDC.
Proactively manage associated risks of centrally agreed claims by creating a local support for our claims, preparing spokespeople to deal with external Qs and by monitoring issues and timely involving relevant stakeholders.
Deploying centrally developed N&H communication approach and materials for both “health influencers” (experts, health care professionals, NGOs, GOs, media, social networks and customers) and consumers aimed at influencing local consumer behaviour to create demand for Unilever products in an effective way.
Accountable for N&H soundness of related local communications for health influencers, media and consumers.
Champion USLP Health & Wellbeing commitments by driving quality of nutritional data in our databases, monitoring portfolio status and identifying and flagging issues and opportunities.
The above mentioned accountabilities apply also for local jewels, but country N&H manager is responsible for design and clearance of N&H claims and communication materials.
Leverage expertise, best practice and learning across countries and brands via relevant networks (e.g. Unilever Nutrition Network)
Relevant Experience Required:
3 years of relevant working experience in a relevant discipline such as R&D, Nutrition & health in FMCG, Public Health, Communication, Science.
Unilever Nigeria is looking for an Internal Fund Administrator of their Pension, Savings and Provident Funds. The role is appointed by and accountable to the Board of Trustees.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the below:
· Carrying out the day to day administration of the funds on behalf of the board of trustees.
· Ensuring that the Board’s decisions are carried out.
· Ensuring that the funds comply with all laws and regulations.
· Ensuring that the funds fulfil regulatory obligations for returns and submissions.
· Ensuring that the funds are administered in accordance with Corporate Pensions Policy.
· Ensuring that service providers meet their contractual obligations.
· Ensuring that Funds meet good governance criteria as agreed with the trustees.
· Ensuring that innovation opportunities are taken whenever possible.
· Attending to Pensioners’ requests on all 3 funds
1. Ensure that the day to day activities of the funds are managed according to best practice, within statutory regulations and guidelines, according to generally accepted accounting practice and as instructed by the board of Trustees. This includes but is not limited to:
2. Remittance of monthly statutory deductions with contribution schedule to Pension Fund Administrators (PFA’s).
3. Ensuring accurate and timely processing of pensioners payments by Fund Managers.
4. Processing and forwarding completed Annuitants Verification form to Fund Managers.
5. Assistance with the retirement process for retirees and withdrawal benefits in the case of resignations from the funds.
6. Provision of correct information to members on Investment and Annuity choices.
7. Liaison with, agreeing scope of service, and monitoring the performance of service providers.
8. Ensuring that interfaces with Members and Trustees are effective and efficient.
9. Ensure that there is a thorough understanding and application of the regulatory environment governing pension funds in Nigeria. This includes:
10. Pension Fund Act, PENCOM Regulations and pension fund circulars as issued from time to time.
11. Financial Services Board and it’s operations.
12. Accounting for pension funds.
13. Tax and treasury regulations.
14. Global Pension Policies
15. Provide guidance to the board of trustees on the above matters. (The IFA does not have a vote at Board meeting but should provide meaningful contribution to ensure unbiased decision making of the board).
16. Implement changes to pension fund administration as required from time to time.
17. Liaison on life insurance and medical benefits (post retirement) as they relate to the pension benefits and Total Benefit
18. Drive the Fund’s communication and education programme.
19. Lead projects that involve the fund.
20. Identify areas in which the fund could innovate benefits, administration or communication.
21. Formulate responses to complaints lodged in respect of the Funds.
22. Drive continuous education for Trustees
23. Ensure the governance of Trustees meetings is adhered to – i.e. Trustees meetings are convened and attended by a quorum once a quarter
24. Document and circulate accurate minutes of Trustees’ meetings and follow up on all actions
· Bachelors Degree
· At least 5 years post qualification experience.
· Strong influencing skills, strong team management skills.
· Candidate must be self driven
Profesional Experience Required