World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Job ID: 1902942
Contract duration: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the post is to operate WHO data management and M&E activities at the field level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the state/ to:
- Ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the health emergency information and Risk Assessment
- Monitor achievement of recommended performance indicators for EWARS and IDSR highlighted in the EWARS Guidelines and Nigeria's Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy.
- Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program.
Description of Duties
- The specific functions of the incumbent are:Establish, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to EWARS/ IDSR and HeRAMS
- Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness for action.
- Monitor alerts and produce daily alerts reports.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Support the implementation of HeRAMS and work closely with M&E officers in the provision of monthly feedback on M&E6.
- Produce monthly and quarterly analysis feedback from data to enhance decision making at relevant levels
- Support data presentation, analysis and interpretation.
- Create and secure back-up copies of dataProvide technical data management support to the LGAs.
- Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers.Perform other activities as required by the supervisor
- Essential: Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management and related field; preferably supplemented by a certificate in GIS
- Desirable: Field Epidemiology Training Program or Master University Degree in epidemiology, statistics, database management or public health from an accredited/recognized institute
- Essential: At least 2 years experience in data management and ICT in an international organization, NGO, government agencies or any other reputable organization
- Desirable: Prior humanitarian working experience at field level with WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international non-governmental organization with expertise in disaster and outbreak response
- Thorough knowledge of data management/ICT skill; Strong analytical skill
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 12,579,841 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Method of Application
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization (WHO) career website on careers.who.int to apply