Medical Doctor at Medecins Sans Frontieres - France
Posted on: 19 June, 2019
Deadline: 28 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and newborn health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnosis and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking that they have understood.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate to the development of reforms in working strategies
- Directly participating in shifts, rotations, emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Respect medical confidentiality.
- Education: Fully Licensed Medical Doctor. Medical Doctor diploma Desirable
- Experience: 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Languages: Spoken and written English and Hausa
- Competencies: people management, Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, trustworthy service
- Contract in Jahun, 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Worker will be requested according to project needs. Availability for 12 hour shifts, night or day is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter, CV and copies of qualifications with contact details to: email@example.com with Reference “Medical Doctor”.
Submit to the "MSF Admin Office in Jahun" ("Application Box" outside the front gate). (With Reference “Medical Doctor”).
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Medecins Sans FrontieresSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Creative Associates International
- Job Vacancies at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Latest Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontières
- Project Officer at Diamond Development Initiatives (DDI)
- Finance & Admin Assistant at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Nutrition Officer at INTERSOS Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Country Director at an International Non-Governmental Organisation - Protege Management