The following vacancies exist at Stanbic IBTC
Responsible for contributing to and continually improving an efficient and cost-effective process designed to assist staff in their travel in compliance with the bank’s policies and government regulations.
As a contributing member of the travel desk team, must be committed to the common purpose, performance goals and approach for which team members hold themselves mutually accountable. Performance evaluation is based on a combination of team success and individual accomplishment.
• Assist in arranging domestic and international staff travels bookings, hotel reservation
• Assist in visa procurement, transfer and protocol arrangements
• Ensure efficient and prompt services are delivered to both external and internal customers
• Able to handle quick and last minute changes and organize things properly.
• Keep adequate record on expense on visa application and tickets
• Accurate processing of invoices and prompt payment to service providers
• Carry out all other duties assigned
• Act as liaison between IT and the Business to assess business needs; conduct analysis & business risk to support the portfolio of strategic and business initiatives, system projects and maintenance work
• Understands and is competent in full range of techniques for eliciting business requirements, and demonstrates ability to select and utilize most effective approach for each requirements gathering assignment
• Recognizes and effectively engages all stakeholder groups necessary for successful requirements gathering and facilitates cross-functional business requirement gathering sessions
• Research on ways to apply technology to all business needs in the most effective but cost efficient way, conducting Technology and Industry Competitor Analysis
• Manage group collaboration with business stakeholders, effectively facilitate small to medium size meetings and workshops and elicit meaningful input from all members of the group
• Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff & with members of cross-functional teams
• Effectively control scope of own work (prioritize, identifies potential issues with estimates or deadlines early), recognizes when assistance is required and will actively seek help
• Communicates in a timely manner, escalates own issues and potential team issues appropriately to line manager
• Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging
• Contributes to the creation and adoption of a Business Process Framework that supports a business-centric approach to business process analysis and continuous improvement
• Researches and analyses appropriate information and data necessary to accurately and effectively document and validate requirements
• Prepares written Business Requirements Document (BRD) that conforms to department standards, that encompass regulatory, business, user, functional and non-functional requirements as appropriate
• Review IT Requests and Projects, and Conduct Cost Benefit Analysis of all IT Project requests for necessary prioritization approvals.
• Generate RFP and work with other IT Units on vendor selection process for all IT Projects.
• Work with all auditors – external and internal to ensure adherence to basic governance tenets
• Review IT Architecture and make recommendations for improvement in line with other stakeholders.
• Engage peer review of documentation prior to submitting to Business Owner / Project Sponsor etc. for final approval and sign-off
• Understands business process modeling notation & techniques, as well as process improvement methodology and approaches.
• Identifies process strengths and weaknesses; researches and recommends areas of improvement for overall productivity and efficiency; Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current business practices into enhanced alternative solutions
• In collaboration with appropriate IT resources, identifies and documents viable solution alternatives that meet business requirements, and provides recommendations appropriate for all stakeholders within Project objectives and parameters
• Assists in identification and definition of test scenarios and test conditions necessary to validate requirements
• Develops Requirements Gathering Plan to support project schedule; Understands project standards and applies them consistently
• Actively participates in Peer Review of team deliverables, contributing to the development of consistent and effective documentation that adheres to team standards and templates
• Effective team member within IT department, active participant and contributor in group discussions
• Fosters a culture of team collaboration and continuous improvement
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders in functions and teams across the business.
• Liaise with external companies to deliver more detailed analysis when appropriate.