The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc), a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders), is currently seeking experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
- Provides ICT user support services to Regional and Area Offices within the Region enabling them to utilize ICT tools more efficiently.
- Provides local hands-on support for specialized ICT teams, in the roll-out of projects, and assistance during troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
Other Key Roles / Responsibilities
Ensures high availability of applications and IT services to end users:
- Ensures high availability of IT production and corporate applications and services
- Reports and proactively makes recommendations to enhance user experience in the region
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Responds to tickets and hands-on assistance-requests within defined SLOs
- Ensures new applications meet the on-boarding criteria before being on-boarded for support
- Ensures data privacy, data integrity and availability of ICT services
- Carries out resource capacity planning
- Inputs to budget Preparation, Tracking, Reporting
- Supports ICT strategy in the region
- Supports regional manager in building a strong ICT savvy team to meet corporate needs
- Provides ICT training in the region as guided by the Head – User Support and Application Management
- B.Sc./HND in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Sciences, Management Information Systems, Telecommunication Science
- MCSE, MOS, LFCE or equivalent certifications
- Software Development certification a plus
- Good operational knowledge of network systems, protocols, virtualization, cloud computing, SDN, load balancing
- Work experience with the TCP/IP stack (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows Kernels and utilities
- Structured cabling experience
- Good knowledge of power systems
- Highly Developed People Skill.
- Strong Project Management Skill.
- Good training and mentoring skills.
- Excellent Organizational & Multitasking skills.
- Good Communication, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
- Self-motivated with focus on results
- Ability to work remotely with minimum supervision
- Passion for excellence in serving users and addressing their needs
Method of Application
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 - Abuja, FCT,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
- Only soft copy of applications will be treated and shortlisted candidates will be an invited for an interview
Interested and qualified? Go to Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) career website on www.abujaelectricity.com to apply