Kendor Consulting is currently sourcing the right candidate to take up this strategic role in her client organization. Our client is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with a vision to become the largest retailer in Africa. The company has an employee base of over 1,000 people.
Description: As Director of Human Resources you will report directly to the CEO and will be part of the Senior Management Team. Role level is VP Senior – MD Senior
• Coordinate global and nationwide recruitment efforts ranging from management to contract employees, to build out superior quality workforce
• Facilitate interface with the group to integrate global HR processes and directives with business strategy.
• Drive a high performance work culture, and support critical development and training initiatives within the business.
• Develop and implement strategies to maximize the utilization of human capital including Talent Management processes.
• Facilitate Change Management, Coaching and Mentoring processes. Monitor management’s support of employee career development plans and appraisals.
• Coordinate activities of HR team to support remuneration, and benefits needs of headquarters and regional staff across multiple states in Nigeria.
• Develop strategies to optimize employee retention and establish employee work-life balance that align with organizational workforce effectiveness.
• Produce annual engagement surveys and associate feedback metrics.
• Ensure compliance of company policies and procedures, government agencies, and all employment related laws in Nigeria. Coordinate and support workplace environmental, legal, health and safety policies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 7 or more years’ experience in a Human Resource function, 2 of which must be in a senior management position.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required.
• Master’s degree in relevant Human Resources, Business Administration, Organization Development/Organization Psychology, or a related field, desirable.
• Professional membership of CIPM,CIPD or SHRM is required.
• Demonstrated strong project management skills. Ability to actively manage and oversee multiple projects, including key HR processes for the organization.
Working knowledge or hands-on application of change management processes, organization development, and leadership development techniques.
• Strategic orientation, managing vision and purpose, developing organizational capability.
• Ability to blend diverse ideas, perspectives and needs of multiple influencers within an organization into a consistent strategy and practical process to lead and support business driven HR needs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients.
• Strong drive and unwavering discipline.
Attractive compensation with several perks and incentives
Please send qualified CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference number. Applications without reference will not be processed. Application deadline is 24/06/2014