Accountant at a Real Estate Company - Myjobmag Limited
Posted on: 17 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at MyJobMag Limited
Our client an indigenous real estate organisation is looking for an experienced qualified accountant.
Location: Ajah, Lagos
An Accountant provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The Accountant supervises the finance unit and directly reports to the Directors & also advice on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs etc. and manages all financial Auditing, tax reporting, and financial transactions from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- Must reside around Lekki / Ajah axis of Lagos state
- Have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks & Sage50 etc.
- Candidate must have 2 – 3 years work experience as an Accountant.
- Candidate should not be more than 35 years of age.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help growth plans.
- Provide the Directors with an operating budget and ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports.
- Auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent audits.
- Analyzing data collected in order to determine the state of the company's financial health
- Analyzing data to understand where the company is generating and losing revenue
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance to financial reporting standards.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly and annual reports including reconciliations, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets and materials of the company.
Remuneration: N120,000 N150,000
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MyJobMag LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Smart Partners Consulting
- Account Officer at MastermindsHRSG Consulting Limited
- Technician (Rigger) at Telinno Consulting Limited (TCL)
- Job Vacancies at Deloitte
- Jobs at Ascentech Services Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Rossland Screening Solutions
- Job Vacancies at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Business Analyst at Westside Empire