Orlean Invest started operating in 1988 and celebrated its Silver jubilee in October 2013. Orlean Invest is Nigeria's largest free zone oil and gas logistics provider. It has proven that the partnering of public and private entities can work effectively in Nigeria. This is done by providing vital infrastructure and logistical support in a safe working environment.
Development through continuous investment has been the core driver of the company since its inception and now Orlean Invest is transferring the success it has at Onne to other projects across Nigeria such as Badagry Mega port, Eko Energy Estate in Lagos and Abuja Hills Estate to name but a few of the on-going developments
1. The Supercargo is to implement the procedures contained in the Departmental Company Manual, the Company Safety and Quality Management Policy.
2. The Supercargo is responsible for controlling, planning, booking, utilizing of cargo handling equipment and coordinating of all activities concerning discharging/loading of vessels/barges and relevant documentation.
3. The Supercargo will attend Operations Meetings and issue precise instruction to the various Sections and staff concerning cargo handling vessels and barges.
4. The Supercargo will ensure that all personnel are on duty as per vessel's roster.
5. The Supercargo will ensure that correct documentation is received before commencement of vessel operations.
6. The Supercargo will ensure timely preparation of correct and certified lifting gears and equipment for discharging / loading.
7. The Supercargo will attend vessel meeting with Terminal, Plant, Safety and all others concerned in compliance with Operations Meeting Report.
8. The Supercargo is to do efficient planning, booking, utilization and coordinate the Plant/equipment for the stevedoring operations as per guidelines of the Operational Meeting Report and actual requirements at the time of operation
9. The Supercargo will board ocean going vessels upon arrival, effect cargo inspection and ensure that the appointed Surveyor is present and attends the vessel operations.
10. The Supercargo will report to Shipping Manager or Assistant Shipping Manager all discrepancies as specified in the Operations Meeting Report and cargo document.
11. The Supercargo will ensure all relevant Damage Reports and Protest Letters are prepared on the spot for signature and stamping by Vessel Master.
12. The Supercargo is to ensure efficient performance and co-ordinate with Terminal for quick turn-around of vessels.
13. The Supercargo will perform any other duties within his capability as may be assigned by the Shipping Manager or Assistant Shipping Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.