Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at Nigeria MEMS
Posted on: 9 August, 2011
Deadline: 23 August, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
The Nigeria Monitoring and Evaluation Management Services 11 (MEMS 11) is a USAID/Nigeria-funded project implemented by the Mitchell Group, Inc, and based in Abuja, FCT, provides comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support services to the USAID/Nigeria Mission, serving Mission staff and their partner organizations working in the following USAID program areas- Peace & Democratic Governance, Economic Growth & Environment, Health & Education and HIV/AIDS & TB.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Location: Nigeria
* Assist the USAID Nigeria Mission & Partners update, refine & in some instances develop their Performance Monitoring Plans, particularly those of EG/E Team nut also other Mission teams on needed.
* Undertake objective assessment of Data Quality
* Collate and analyze data as necessary for the Mission’s PMP
* Assist in designing, planning, participation in & overseeing Evaluation of the Mission’s program
* Design & deliver training in performance management
* Contributing to Quarterly reports to USAID
* Prepare technical reports and other documents as required
* Master’s Degree in Development economics, social sciences, statistics or other related fields. Evidence of formal training in qualitative research skills or evaluative research. Formal training in performance management is highly desirable.
* Minimum five (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs, preferably on agricultural development, food security, or programs
* Technical understanding of economic development, agriculture and/or food security, nutrition, and ability to design and track indicators to measure performance in these areas
* Previous experience working with international donors required.
* Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Knowledge of statistical packages - Epi Info, ACCESS, SPSS etc and databases) are required.
Communication & Organizational Skills
* Excellent spoken, writing and analytical skills.
* Requires exceptional inter-personal skills to deal with a range of stakeholders with varying capacities in performance monitoring.
* Ability to organize one-self, pay attention to details and to follow-up methodically with clients.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position should submit a typewritten application specifically addressing the minimum requirements as listed and a current resume or curriculum vitae listing all jobs responsibilities to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than August 23,2011.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International
- Job Vacancy at Adam Smith International
- Project Manager at Hope for HIV/AIDS
- Job Vacancy at The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Fresh Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Graduate Copy Editors at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)