StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Stresert Services Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Level: Middle Level
Types of Organization: Corporate Finance (Advisory and Project Monitoring)
The ideal candidate will have to undertake research on macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions along with company fundamentals to make business, sector and industry recommendations. He/she should be able to recommend a course of action, and must be aware of current developments in the finance industry and be involved in preparing financial models, analyzing financial status of companies, preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecast and reports.
- Prepares charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected revenues and expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) business unit analysts by being first point of contact for issues and questions.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Analyzing trends in revenues and expenses.
- Preparing spreadsheets, graphs, and charts to help illustrate financial trends.
- Presenting financial information to managers.
- Performing revenue and expense forecasts in order to make financial decisions.
- Creating and reviewing financial records.
- Preparing budgets.
- Review financial spreadsheets and other reports in order to predict current and future financial performance
- Developing financial forecasts to present to stakeholders who use the information to make financial decisions.
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from plan.
- Determines financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business area partners and management in order to drive business results.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc financial reports based on detailed research, critical analyses, and independent judgment. Makes presentations to management or staff on financial research and analyses performed
- Complete understanding of financial modeling
- Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Review financial spreadsheets and other reports to predict current and future financial performance.
- Originate business transactions and follow up with prospective clients.
- Carry out research on the economic climate and other investments to determine the effect that these factors will have on a company’s performance.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Prepare charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected revenues and expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Research, evaluate and recommend rates for recovering and/or distributing charges for services rendered to client.
- Any other duties of related deliverables that may be assigned by Chief Operating Officer/Principal Consultant.
- Market the firm’s services
Education and Experience Requirement
- Possess a degree in Economics, Finance, suitable field or related experience.
- Possession of professional certifications or Master’s degree would be an advantage
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years of full-time work experience in relevant field.
Knowledge & Abilities Requirements
- Reasonable knowledge of budgetary management and accounting principles, and procedures.
- Must possess the ability to maintain strict confidentiality as a result of the information in his/her possession.
- Reasonable ability to utilize current word processing, excel spreadsheet, database and e-mail.
- Knowledge of program analysis and evaluation.
- Ability to utilize computer software to provide fiscal analysis.
- Ability to make routine decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and complete assignments within deadlines and must be able to handle stress.
- Ability to recognize and correct departures from budgetary practices and procedures.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare and present complex and written and oral reports.
- Financial reporting Skills, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Financial Diagnosis, Financial Modelling Tools, Analyzing Information, Statistical Analysis, Process Improvement, Financial Planning and Strategy
- Salary: Between N3 and N4m p.a
- Analysts with present or previous work experience in consulting firms will be given preference
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘FINANCIAL ANALYST’ as subject of mail.
Note: Only experienced and qualified Analysts that meet the conditions above will be shortlisted and invited for interviews.