Hamilton Lloyd and Associates Is Recruiting
Posted on: 11 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a leading indigenous group of companies with change focus in real estate, facility management and on site management. They are big on providing investment financing techniques and construction project management. The office has decided to start the search for a Group Head of HR.
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is recruiting to fill the position of:
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Provision of HR & Support services to the sister companies within the Group
- Engagement Checklist/Effective Induction Policy to be reviewed and implemented.
- Maintenance of Industry standard recruitment and selection policy
- Institutionalization of effective Performance and reward policy.
- Maintenance of effective Grievance, Disciplinary Process & Procedure.
- Maintenance of Occupational Health & Safety standards.
- Management of employee conflict of interest
- IT Management as it relates to Website, infrastructure, Internet
- Providing and interpreting Labor Laws & review of existing practices, Staff Hand Book & formulation of HR Policy within the Group
- Monitoring and interpreting HR needs & adequate succession plan as well as predicting future trends
- Analyzing HR changes and advising accordingly
- Formulating strategic and tactical HR plans
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Developing HR management mechanisms that minimize corporate risk
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- In liaison with Departmental Heads, identify and design staff training requirements and mode of delivery.
- Liaising with Heads of Admin within the Group to fashion out enduring HR structure, monitoring and control
- Developing external relationship with appropriate contacts e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as CAC, Ministry of Labour, Public Complaints Commission, Arbitration Agencies, and Industrial Courts etc.
- Supervising staff in the HR Department across the Group
- Keeping abreast of changes in HR regulations and legislation
Monthly payroll management.
- Ensure monthly appraisals for all staff are done as at when due, identify gaps & feeling them.
- Ensure all statutory insurances and risk covers are up to date and advice management accordingly
- Help ensure complete dispute resolution among employees in conjunction with Heads of Department.
- Devising appropriate employee rating tools for staff performance.
- Design external training programmes to generate additional income to support Departmental costs.
- In respect of the ideal candidate profile:
- Thorough understanding of HR needs
- High degree of results-orientation and ability to execute while multitasking
- Experience in coaching senior leaders, employee development, organisational development/ consulting
- Ability to network with various in-country and corporate HR functions in order to ensure the co-ordinated delivery of services, strong work ethic, exposure to both
- Track record of successfully managing change, cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure all statutory obligation of the organization does not cause any encumbrance to the business i.e. Group Life Insurance, employee compensation scheme, labour matters
- Maintain and innovate process operation with a positive project cost savings.
- Delivery of agreed function targets to meet business growth targets (staffing, handling of poor performers, retention of superior performers, performance review timeliness & quality, talent talking sessions & succession planning)
- Effectiveness against agreed function targets
- Educational Background
- University degree in social sciences or business discipline
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Professional HR qualification from recognized institution
- Desirable: Further learning in, Change Management, Organisational Development/Consulting and Coaching.
Impact on the organisation:
Decisions, recommendations, HR strategies and services to line management directly affect organizational performance.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Apply only if you meet the stated requirements.
- Please indicate job title as subject of the mail and only qualified candidates should apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- PR & Communications Manager at Transquisite Consulting
- Sales Vacancies at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Technical Sales Representatives at Westfield Consulting Limited
- Information Technology Roles at Jemi Neil Consulting
- Senior Manager Marketing - Data Products at Proten International
- Fresh Vacancies at Fadac Resources
- Pharmacist at a Leading Diagnostic Company - First Katalyst Marketing
- Chief Financial Officer at Elevantix Consulting Limited