Maersk Liner Graduate Programme 2014
Posted on: 11 June, 2014
Deadline: 27 June, 2014
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at MAERSK
Maersk Line is the world's largest container shipping company and is renowned for its professional and customer-centric approach. The diversity of insights from our 25,000 employees all over the world strengthens our international reputation for high standards and innovation.
If you work well with others, have a can-do attitude and have the ambition and passion to excel, the Maersk Liner Graduate Programme (MLGP) can offer you the perfect opportunity to build a long-term and varied career in an international environment.
The MLGP is designed to provide access to a fast track career for bright young professionals across a range of disciplines. The programme combines learning and talent practices to ensure that developmental opportunities are maximised to the benefit of both the participants and the company.
A challenging and rewarding opportunity where you will build a long-term career in the global trade and transportation industry - during the 2-year Graduate Programme, you will have vast opportunities and be part of an international group of young professionals. Together you will:
- Build your knowledge from some of the best experts within the shipping and business fields, in your day to day job and in classroom environments.
- Build a global network that you can leverage in your future interactions to enable collaboration and career.
- Be significantly exposed to high-level leaders to ensure that theoretical insights are continuously linked to concrete business challenges.
- Become part of a team where we play to win and ‘we’ always comes before ‘I’.
- Key Responsibilities
- You will join a team of highly competent colleagues and jointly participate in reaching the objectives of your department.
- Your manager will continually provide you with individual sparring to help you develop professionally and personally.
- Being part of a global shipping programme, you will meet your fellow Maersk Liner Graduate Programme participants from all over the world in three seminars where you will receive insights into the Shipping Industry, grow your understanding of the business and grow your personal competences.
- You will take an active role in your own development and work together with your manager and HR to identify your key development needs and build an action plan.
Who we are looking for
- Master’s level education in Business or related discipline with a maximum of 3 years’ work experience after graduation in parallel with education or between degrees.
- Commercial experience will be an advantage.
- Ambitious individual with a passion and drive to excel.
- Have an international mind-set and excellent command of English (both spoken and written).
- A pragmatic and holistic thinker.
- Resourceful and flexible with strong capabilities to prioritise, optimise and perform under limited resources and tight deadlines.
- Strong desire to pursue a long-term career within the commercial part of the business.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MAERSKSimilar Jobs
- Front-End Web Developers at Max.ng
- Food & Beverage Manager at Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited (KHNL)
- Head of IT Development at GMT Nigeria Limited
- Vehicle Maintainance/Operations Manager at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Business Development Officers at Southern Infinity Concepts Limited
- Digital Marketing Executives at Max.ng
- APM Terminals Recruitment for Key Client Manager
- Dispatch Riders at FleetInc Global Resources