Company Secretary/Legal Adviser at H.Pierson Achieve Superior Results
Posted on: 11 June, 2019
Deadline: 18 June, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at H. Pierson Associates
H.Pierson Achieve Superior Results - Our client, a newly established commission is seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- We are seeking to recruit a Company Secretary/Legal Adviser for the efficient administration of the organization particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and for ensuring that decisions of the Board of Directors are implemented in the most efficient manner.
- The Secretary shall hold office on such terms and conditions as specified by the Board.
The Company Secretary/Legal Adviser will be assigned the following primary responsibilities:
- Keep proper records of the books of the Commission
- Record proceedings of the Board and its Committees
- Be responsible for the administration of the Secretariat
- Issue notices of meetings of the Board and its Committees
- Be responsible to the Managing Director and the Board
- Serve as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors on all matters relating to company law and corporate governance
- Provide accurate and timely advice on all legal and regulatory matters of the institution and support in legal and compliance related matters
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that the institution meets its legal responsibilities under the Nigerian laws and regulations
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advice members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies.
- Ensure proper legal consultations are provided to the various directorates/departments/units of the Commission.
- Represent the Commission in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Law
- Possession of a Postgraduate qualification (i.e. LLM) is required
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies with the right certifications (ICSAN, etc).
- Minimum of 15 years work experience in a reputable organisation(s) that has direct dealings with the public with at least 10 years post call to bar.
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and experience in crisis management.
- Deep understanding of legal issues, including governance and legal compliance
- Deep understanding of budget and cost management
- In-depth knowledge of the public service principles and practices
- Knowledge of conflict management
- Advanced knowledge of administrative laws
- Deep understanding of ethical rules and laws
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Discretion and diplomacy.
- Influencing skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Company Secretary/Legal Adviser" as the email subject title.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about H. Pierson AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Plant Manager at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Client Relations Manager at Safety Consultants and Solutions Provider Limited
- Chief Accountant at Anthony Ayoade Associates
- Graduate Interns at Helpman Associates
- Business Development Officer at Access Solutions Limited
- Operations Manager (Service Delivery Manager) - Pipeline At Tek Experts
- Telesales Executives at MyCareerlity Talent Solutions
- Mechanical Engineers At AIM Consultants