Lagos – Nigeria
12 Month renewable - 28/28 rotation
Leap29 are currently working with an operator in Nigeria who require a Principal Drilling Engineer, the position requires the candidate to oversee the well engineering planning and to provide technical support for the drilling operations.
The role will allow the applicant to work for an operator within Nigeria and allow the candidate to play an integral part in the project. If you are searching for an exciting new opportunity and think you have the relevant experience as listed below please apply accordingly.
Responsibilities of the Principal Drilling Engineer:
• Required to carry out well and completion planning in accordance with the Well Delivery Process.
• Responsible for providing the planning schedules for all drilling programs.
• Responsible for tracking schedules and monitoring the implementation to schedule.
• Required to provide initial well timelines for planning purposes, drilling time curves and initial cost estimates. Also required to review these with the drilling superintendent and head drilling engineer.
• Responsible for recommending a means of avoiding drilling problems, such as wellbore instability, lost circulation, stuck pipe.
• Required to design drilling/completion and work-over programs.
• Responsible for providing proper technical and commercial input to tender documents for services and products.
Qualifications of the Principal Drilling Engineer:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering.
• Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers. Member IADC. Attended industry courses in well engineering, well operations management, project management.
• Good technical knowledge of well operations. Initiative to proffer solutions to technical problems. Sound knowledge of IADC/API guidelines for well operations. Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations applicable to all drilling, testing and completion operations.
If the position is of interest and you would like further information, please contact Nicole Mellor at Leap29 for further information on the role.