• Conduct research on industry developments and trends
• Cross-functional interface with various divisions on consumer affairs and issues stemming from the industry regulatory authority. (NCC)
1. Research and update MTNN on developments; bills, new policies, within the legislative/ regulatory arena; and follow up with regulatory authorities on submissions and other regulatory issues.
2. Track and monitor compliance with all regulatory authority (NCC) obligations within the business.
3. Prepare correspondence and position papers on environmental issues.
4. Provide legal and regulatory opinion on all issues that impact on MTN from a regulatory perspective, including new legislatures, government policies, etc.
5. Build and maintain strong relationships with the regulatory agencies and other stakeholders in the telecommunications industry.
6. Ensure customer queries are handled appropriately and in compliance to the MTNN regulatory framework.
7. Conduct regulatory services to MTNN; ensure the appropriate licensing, marketing and legal compliance to projects.
8. Make presentations to regulatory authorities, so as to profile MTNN and also ensure that the business complies with regulations.
9. Support management and advice MTN N on interconnects agreements/relationship, licence conditions and compliance with regulations and legislation.
• Open Plan Office environment
• 4 years legal experience, preferably within the telecommunications industry.
• On the job training and exposure
• Industry conferences