Dizengoff W A (Nigeria) limited is a highly respected multi divisional company established for almost 60 years in Nigeria, and is a subsidiary of a $multi-million UK Group operating across Europe, the Middle East & Africa. The Company enjoys, and passionately retains, an outstanding and uncompromising reputation for reliability and integrity towards its customers, suppliers, financial institutions, statutory agencies, shareholders and employees. It competes in both the public and private sectors at both national and state levels primarily in the provision of complex end-to-end solutions, products and services, in partnership with world class OEMs, to the oil & gas, agriculture, telecommunications, financial services and blue chip sector as well as to state and federal government clients nationwide. It's portfolio of brands includes Massey Ferguson tractors, Zimmatic and Netafim Irrigation systems, Baldan Agro Implements, Jacto, its own brand of turnkey greenhouse solutions, Motorola Communications Solutions, RAD, PaloAlto Networks and Pelco CCTV Surveillance equipment.
Following the retirement of the previous incumbent the Company is now seeking to recruit an IPM
qualified, experienced, well presented, highly self-motivated, proven Operations Manager, possessing additional Project Management Experience. Given our employees ultimately determinethe success of our enterprise this is an important position necessary for the Company to achieve itsaspirations to profitably grow its portfolio of businesses.
The OPERATIONS MANAGER will have the responsibility of for the plannmg, administration and coordination of all operational tasks, issues and matters in compliance with EXCO Strategic & Operating Plan, the Company's formal Policies & Procedures and the relevant statutory provisions relating to business operations across Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos and shall include periodic travel throughout the country to support our Sales & Service branch offices.
The responsibilities for this position shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure timely design, updating, and effective implementation of the Company's Policies & Procedures Manual, including monitoring compliance.
- Ensure that the Company's Policies & Procedures comply with statutory provisions, and are compatibie with the UK Parent Company Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure proper implementation and administration of all local PROJECTs within their individual budgetary parameters and timetables.
- Systematic monitoring of all PROJECTS via chairing ot the Monthly Project Meetings held with each Divisional Head.
- Within 6 months of Job Commencement the incoming OPERATIONS MANAGER shall be capable to design, establish and implement a new Companywide OPERATING POliCIES & PROCEDURES MANUAL
- Fully maintain PROJECT FILES for each project on a timely and accurate up-to-date basis.
- Provide Finance Department accurate data for PROJECT ACCOUNT processing each month. (The Monthly
- Project Files should be signed off by the Division Head, FIC & Operations Manager each Month. This shall include the full up-to-date PROJECT P&L
- Directly manage and control the Logistics & Distribution functions to ensure timely import and delivery of our goods thru to our customers
- Directly manage and control all vehicles, property, facilities, IT & telecommunications tools, equipment and suppliers.
- Prepare and submit the Monthly Vehicle Fleet Report including all expenditures, etc.
- Prepare and submit the Monthly Properties & Facilities Report including all expenditures, etc.
- Support DIVISION HEADS and DEPARTMENT MANAGERS on all OPERATIONAL matters and issues in their unit or department in order they can successfully focus fully upon their individual primary purpose and goals.
- Represent the OPERATIONS function at EXCO.
- Relevant University Degree from a recognised Higher Institution shall be mandatory
- Membership of the Nigerian Chartered institute of Project Management (CPMIN) and or Nigerian Institute of Management shall be mandatory.
- Membership of similar international bodies shall be an added advantage.
- A recognised Accountancy Qualification and or MBA, while not essential, shall be of considerable advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience with practical knowledge in Operations Management within a respected commercial enterprise of at least SO employees shall be mandatory.
- In addition demonstrable job stability and a progressive career record will be viewed as a credible attribute in applicants.
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly solve complex issues, sometimes under considerable pressures, often within tight deadlines and financial constraints, is a mandatory requirement necessary to succeed In this highly demanding role.
- Excellent communication foral & written). presentation and interpersonal skills, with added proficiency in MS Office applications, including MS Project & MS Access, shall be essential.
- Applicants possessing an appreciation of pragmatic commercial enterprise operations, challenges and conflicts of priorities shall be an advantage.
- Candidates demonstrating proven abilities to take initiative shall be highly desirable, as will be an appreciation that modern commercial organisations now need a balance of structure and flexibility in order to successfully compete in an ever changing, rapidly paced, competitive environment will be of considerable advantage.
- Specific category knowledge in commercia! enterprises serving agricultural. oil & gas, telecommunication, manufacturing and or finaccial services sectors will be of considerable advantage.
- A proven team player with effective leadership and conflict management skilts is essent. "
- Given the importance of this position a rigorous selection process is being adopted.
- The Company operate strict non discrimatory recruitment policies covering gender, age, religion, tribe and towards the disabled and recruits solely on the basis of merit, ability and qualifications
Method of Application
All applicants are encouraged to study carefully the requirements of the role given it is in the mutual interest of the appointee and the Company that the best match be achieved. Speculative, superficial and or incomplete applications will be immediately rejected. The Company reserves the right to contact only applicants selected for interview.
All Applications should be sent no later than 7 days from the date of this publication to firstname.lastname@example.org with the candidate name, job title and code stated in the subject line of the email. Each application must include the Applicant's detailed resume, with copies of Qualifications and Professional Accreditations attached, plus full contact details including e-mail address and GSM number, and a list of a minimum of 3 referees, along with a comprehensive cover letter indicating in full your current annual remuneration and benefits, and your personal career aspirations. The ideal applicant will be able to describe in detail the value that they are confident they can bring to the Company.