Recruitment at FMC Technologies
Posted on: 9 June, 2014
Deadline: 17 June, 2014
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at FMC Technologies
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 18,400 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
FMC Technologies Is Recruiting
- Focal point for the centralization of all shipping, import and export documentation, maintenance and status reporting, internal auditing of documentation and files, maintains and updates import/export processes and procedures as needed.Single point for all customs discrepancies, disputes and manages through to resolution with recommended corrective action. Assists in coordinating import and export compliance related activities with cross functional teams.
- Gatekeeper of all FMC Nigeria’s import, export and customs documentation in compliance with record keeping requirements. Management and maintenance of centralized electronic and physical documentation on the sharepoint, physicalparty into Customs territory
- Maintains all claims files opened by the Logistics coordinators and ensures timely follow-up and closure , reviews to ensure compliance with claim handling procedures.
- Assists with training cross functionalgroups on processes and documentation requirements, maintains training records and sign in sheets
- Enforces local compliance procedures in alignment with corporate/regional guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensures overall compliancewith all Nigerian and International trade processes and procedures established and meets all regulatory requirements.
- documentation files and archiving.
- Analyzes, maintains and audits entries, files and will collect missing original documentation from the coordinators as required to close files
- Will generate and maintain an HS classification databasefor FMC Nigeria products and ensure that entries are bearing correct classification. Will use defender tool to identify new classifications or for deviation from supplier provided classification and work with Engineers on any classificationdisputes, address with Nigerian Customs for resolution and closure where applicable
- Updates and maintains weekly status reporting of all shipments from receipt of pre-alert to fully customs cleared to agreed reporting requirements
- Interfaces with approved Freight Forwarding Agent representative and Customs Personnel during physical Examination of shipment as required.
- Perform monthly statistical analysis of import/export documentation and entries, KPI’s and freightforwarder volume and spend analysis and reporting.
- Single point of contact for all customs related disputes, will document and log , define action items and follow through until closure and assist with corrective actions
- Present freightforwarder entry and documentation errors as well as O, S & D’s so that corrective action can be taken and amendments to entries communicated to customs and Free Zone authorities in a timely fashion
- Will audit duties and taxes advice foraccuracy and correctness prior to payment ensuring assessment bears correct classification and duty rate in accordance with documentation
- Maintains and updates processes and procedures for revision control and ensures correct and latestversions are published on sharepoint
- Provides Release confirmation/signatory for materials released by customs for Free Zone and for equipment being, released for Free Zone use, full customs clearance, delivered to customer or to a third
Skills And Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in International Trade, or BS.c, Logistics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated experience handling Oil and Gas Import/Export and Free Zone documentation processing andrequirements
- Must have an understanding of Nigerian Import/Export regulations.
- Knowledge of Freight Forwarder activities and processes
- Must be able to demonstrate an detailed understanding of Harmonized Tariff productclassification and general rules of interpretation
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills including ability to manage, absorb and synthesize large volumes of data
- Ability to research Nigeriangovernment regulations and stay current on requirements
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- PC skills with intermediate/advanced level proficiency in MS spreadsheet,
- Word processing, power point. SAP or similarmainframe systems a plus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about FMC TechnologiesSimilar Jobs
- Sales and Marketing Executives at TekniTeed Nigeria Limited
- Field Service Engineers at Culminate Consulting
- Jobs at a Reputable Automobile Company
- IT Staff at World Equipment Protection System Ltd. (WEPSL)
- Director of Operations at Sealing Engineering Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at TRANOS
- Jobs at Excel Creative Network Limited
- Sales Engineers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited