Senior Program Manager at CCFN
Posted on: 6 June, 2014
Deadline: 16 June, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
CCFN in collaboration with Catholic Relief Services CRS/Nigeria is preparing to implement the support to Vulnerable Household (SVH) project funded by the USAID Nigeria. Based in rural communities in Northern Nigeria's and Federal Capital Territory (FCT). SVH will use a multi-sector approach that will help 42, 000 very poor houssholds (HHs) grow their agriculture production, incomes and children (through improved nutrition) and help streghten community and government systems to support these gains.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
- The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will coordinate the implementation and monitoring of sub-grants to civil society organizations (CSOs) on the SVH project.
- She/he will lead the process of developing, reviewing and implementing CSO work plans and budgets, and provide technical assistance and training as appropriate to CSO partners in collaboration with technical team leads, to ensure that high standards of program quality are established and maintained.
- The SPM manages the CCFN program team and to ensure that CCFN and partner CSOs meet their deliverables and submit programmatic and financial documentation in a timely manner.
- He represents CCFN at project management meetings and other technical forums.
- He will work closely with the CRS-based Technical Project Director, the State Coordinator and other SVH staff members in fulfilling this role.
Qualifications and Experience
- A development professional with a minimum of 5 years of program management at supervisory level in a reputable NGO.
- Must have implemented agriculture, livelihoods and/or household economic strengthening activities for at least 2 years."
- Experience working with CSOs and building CSO capacity is desirable.
- Must have good understanding of Northern Nigerian culture and be willing to travel frequently to Sokoto state.
- This position requires excellent communication (written and oral), people skills and the ability to manage and motivate diverse teams.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point is essential.
- A postgraduate level qualification in a development-related area will be an advantage.
- Fluency in Hausa will be a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed CV and an application letter attached as separate MS Word documents to: email@example.com
Note: Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply. Those that have applied before should not apply again.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at World Learning
- Women Center Facilitators at International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Communication Technician II at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Project Director at FHI 360
- Graduate Admin/Human Resource Assistant at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Deputy Human Resources Coordinator at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Job Vacancies at The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Nutrition Manager at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale