University of Calabar grew out of the Calabar campus of University of Nigeria (UNN), Nigeria which began functioning during the 1973 academic session with 154 students and a small cadre of academic, administration and professional staff. In April 1975, the Federal Military Government of Nigeria announced that as part of the National Development Plan, seven new Universities were to be established at various locations in the country. The University of Calabar was one of the seven Universities set up under this programme.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honors degree from a recognized University with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division (22) and must have had extensive and varied post-qualification administrative experience at top management level, preferably in higher educational institutions where they must have served for a period of not less than 18 years.
- Such applicants would have risen to the position of Deputy Registrar and must have served in that position for at least 3 years as at October 2019.
- A good knowledge of ICT as well as membership of professional administrative bodies will be an advantage.
- Applicants must be at least 40 years of age and must not be more than 60 years as at October 1, 2019. This is a tenured appointment of 5 years.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day general administrative work of the University.
- The Registrar is also Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Consolidated salary for Registrars of Nigerian Universities.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to forward 15 copies of typewritten applications together with 15 copies of up-to-date Curriculuin Vitae, giving the following details:
- Full Name with Surname First,
- Date and Place of Birth,
- Permanent Home Address,
- Current Postal Address,
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates and Qualifications Obtained,
- Information on Present and Previous Employers,
- Status and Salaries Earned,
- List of Publications (if any),
- Extra-curricular Activities,
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees are also to be Provided.
All applications and referees reports should be addressed and sent to:
University of Calabar,
P.M.B. 1115, Calabar,
Cross River State.