If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
- Providing reliable and resourceful legal and business advice on a broad spectrum of areas including contracts, trademarks – working in collaboration with the Global Function’s subject matter experts - to associates and management with respect to day to day operations;
- Reviewing and making recommendations with regard to all marketing and promotional materials for the Nigeria franchise under CEWA BU, managing applications for new trademarks and challenges to infringements;
- Management of various legal databases within the function including GEMS, Anaqua, KOsignIT, Legal Share Drive and ensuring constant update thereof and availability of relevant and necessary information to enable the function adequately support the business;
- Provide, where necessary, appropriate training to associates and management in relation to compliance, governance, litigation, trademarks, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with outside counsel in relation to specific litigation matters by setting clear objective, defining a strategic direction, reviewing work product for quality assurance, securing evidence, and providing ongoing information to outside counsel in order to ensure that objectives are fully met, and at all times keeping line manager and relevant management fully informed of all relevant developments on all such matters.
- Provide legal and company secretarial support to subsidiaries and associated entities as may be required. Provide legal language support to Operations Counsel for contract drafting and communication for the Nigeria Franchise.
- Drafting contracts, memoranda and other documents of a contractual nature, and confirming local law compliance, negotiating the terms with related parties to minimize Company’s legal risks
- Reviewing and making recommendations with regard to all marketing and promotional materials for the Nigeria Franchise under CEWA BU, managing applications for new trademarks and challenges to infringements.
- Management of various legal databases within the function including GEMS, Anaqua, KOsignit, Legal Share Drive and ensuring constant update thereof and availability of relevant and necessary information to enable the function adequately support the business;
- Coordinating and managing litigation matters involving the Company with outside counsel and making every effort to prevent litigation
- Conducting internal trainings on a variety of areas including compliance, governance, litigation, trademarks, policies and procedures to help foster a strong culture of compliance and good governance within the Business Unit.
- Work closely with the RFC, SRA and Commercialization teams to ensure compliance with Company policies and implement routines to ensure system alignment is achieved.
- Working on processes to ensure having a more efficient and productive way of doing business
Need to communicate at a high level and effectively with outside counsel, Vendors, colleagues in the Franchises, the EAG, Legal Function and other Groups, and Corporate Licensing, as may be necessary.
Basic and complex contracts; regional statutory compliance; short and long-term supply arrangements; employment-related matters; IP rights including trademark matters; consumer complaints, disputes with external parties.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
The role requires a solid working knowledge of the law and a good understanding of business as a whole. Decisions are made with respect to contractual obligations, statutory requirements and issues on intellectual property which require a sound legal mind with ability to appreciate all factors including those unidentifiable by the business team. The role would be required to hold fort in the absence of the Operations Counsel and has limited decision making functions in the circumstance.
Creative ways of approaching issues, improving existing processes and policies and offering solutions and improvements where necessary, including keeping abreast with changes in the law that affect business operations.
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
- Degree in Law from a recognized university
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Good working knowledge of company and commercial law, litigation, intellectual property and corporate governance principles and a basic appreciation of competition, consumer and employment law.
- Attention to detail, Research and problem solving abilities.
- Analytical Thinking
- Influencing Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Delivers Results
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas
- Lives the Values ( integrity, sets an example
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of three (3) years post-qualification experience in a busy corporate environment or law firm.
- University/Bachelors degree - (Law Degree) with membership in good standing of Bar Association - Mandatory
- University/Advanced degree - Optional
- Postgraduate/Masters degree - Optional
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.