The Saving One Million Lives Initiative Program Delivery Unit is hiring a ICT Pillar Lead to drive and coordinate information and communication technology (ICT) activities for the SOML initiative and provide active support to the ICT4SOML partners who support the Nigerian government in the scale up ICT-based programs to reduce maternal and child mortality.
SOML was launched in October 2012 to prevent the deaths of one million pregnant women, new mothers, newborns, and children under 5 by 2015. The mHealth Alliance, GSMA and Intel have partnered to support the Federal Ministries of Health (FMOH) and Communication Technology (FMCT) in Nigeria around the strategic planning and systematic scale up of ICTs to achieve the goals of the SOML initiative.
The ICT4SOML Lead position will be supported by mHealth Alliance through funding provided by NORAD for the ICT component of the Saving One Million Lives Initiative.. He/she will report to Dr. Kelechi Ohiri, Sr. Technical Assistant to the Honorable Minister of Health/Program Technical Lead of the SOML PDU Office and approved reports will be sent to the Executive Director of the mHealth Alliance. He/she will work within the SOML Project Management Office team and SOML PDU Pillar Leads. He/she will coordinate with key ministry partners and federal agencies, including the National Primary Health Care for Development Agency (NPHCDA) and SURE-P, and direct the activities of the Sr. Health ICT Coordinators seconded into the FMOH and FMCT. He/she will also serve as a point of contact with key development partners, including the MDG Health Alliance, GSMA, Futures Group, Pathfinder International, Intel, and BBC World Trust.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Masters degree in international affairs, public policy, public health, or related degree, plus at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- S/he is a results oriented strategic thinker with demonstrated experience in running programmatic, financial, and management aspects of a complex global organization.
- S/he is an entrepreneurial leader who has experience working internationally, specifically in the developing world, and is keenly aware of the emerging issues in global health.
- S/he is a superb communicator with the ability to inspire partners and stakeholders to rally around the vision of ICT4SOML.
- S/he will play the role of a convener and will shape what the members of these communities think about the mHealth field.
- S/he will have the ability to connect with and engender trust from the mHealth Alliance’s constituencies and partners – including executive leadership, Boards, and staff, to build the relationships necessary to yield greater impact.
- Significant professional experience in low and middle-income countries.
- Self-starter with the ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive projects from conceptualization to inception to implementation.
- Demonstrable expertise in and knowledge of mHealth, particularly in low and middle-income countries.
- Ability to build positive and productive relationships to gain consensus and engage people and institutions towards improving the impact of ICT4SOML and the Alliance.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, co-coordinating competing priorities to achieve goals in a timely fashion.
- High degree of professionalism, along with excellent, persuasive verbal and written skills required with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Method of Application
A suitability statement and CV should be sent to email@example.com Please include “ICT Pillar Lead for Saving One Million Lives” in the Subject line of the email. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.