The Information and Communications Technology for Saving One Million Lives (ICT4SOML) Initiative is hiring a Project Manager to provide operational and project management support for its activities in coordinating the strategy and systematic scale-up of ICTs to achieve the goals of the Nigerian Government’s Saving One Million Lives (SOML) initiative.
SOML was launched in October 2012 to prevent the deaths of one million pregnant women, new mothers, newborns, and children under 5 by 2015. The United Nations Foundation, with funding from Norad, has partnered with GSMA and Intel to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and the Federal Ministry of Communication Technology (FMCT) in Nigeria around the strategic planning and organized nationwide scale-up of ICTs to achieve the goals of the SOML initiative.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational support for ICT4SOML and lead day-to-day internal management and event planning/logistics.
- Oversee the planning and tracking of work streams and specified deliverables, including managing/updating the ICT4SOML detailed work plan, which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Provide operational support for stakeholder meetings and working group activities, discussions, and priorities.
- Coordinate progress with consultants and external teams to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Support budgeting, documentation and reporting activities for the UN Foundation’s engagement in ICT4SOML.
- Support knowledge management and online collaborative activities within ICT4SOML, including managing online collaboration and document sharing tools/platforms.
Report directly to the Country Director, and work closely with UN Foundation core staff and ICT4SOML team members including the ICT Pillar Lead, the Sr. ICT Coordinators seconded into the FMOH and FMCT, as well as GSMA and Intel partners and the SOML Project Management Office.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Relevant degree plus at least 5 years of relevant experience. Relevant Master’s degree or project management qualification is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team atmosphere and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally while driving progress toward defined objectives and holding staff accountable
- Self-starter with the ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive projects from conceptualization to inception to implementation.
- High degree of professionalism, along with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required, with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrable experience in using project management software and online collaboration tools.
Method of Application
A cover letter (demonstrating suitability) and CV should be sent to mHealthJobs@unfoundation.org Please include “Project manager ICT4SOML” in the Subject line of the email. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date is June 13, 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.