The Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics (DPRS) is seeking to hire a senior health information and communications technology (ICT) professional to coordinate activities related to the scale up of ICTs in support of the Nigeria Saving One Million Lives (SOML) initiative. SOML was launched in October 2012 to prevent the deaths of one million pregnant women, new mothers, newborns, and children under 5 by 2015. ICTs are both an enabler and a driver of the successful achievement of SOML targets. Electronic and mobile health efforts within SOML are grounded in a broader health information system strengthening focus of the FMOH, and contribute to the scaling up of access to essential commodities for women and children.
The Senior ICT Coordinator will be a seconded position hired by the mHealth Alliance and will sit in the FMOH Department of Health Planning, Research, and Statistics (DPRS) to act as the primary contact for ICT4SOML within the FMOH. The Sr. ICT Coordinator will serve as a liaison between FMOH agencies and non-governmental stakeholders engaged in the ICT4SOML Steering Committee and its derivative Working Groups, specifically to support and provide technical contributions to the completion of a health ICT baseline inventory, development of a national health ICT framework, and work plans of the ICT4SOML Working Groups. He/she will work closely with the ICT4SOML Program Director based in the SOML Project Management Office and will report to the Deputy Director of FMOH DPRS. He/she will coordinate activities with key ministry partners and federal agencies, including the National Primary Health Care for Development Agency (NPHCDA) and SURE-P, and serve as a point of contact with ICT4SOML development partners, including the mHealth Alliance, MDG Health Alliance, Intel, GSMA, BBC World Trust, and World Bank. He/she will participate in and provide technical contributions to the ICT4SOML Working Groups.
- Serve as primary administrative point of contact for ICT4SOML within the FMOH and coordinate interagency and public and private sector partnerships for ICT4SOML within and/or under the FMOH.
- Work closely with ICT4SOML Program Director in the SOML Office to drive ICT4SOML priorities within the FMOH and vice versa.
- Drive the Health ICT Strategy development for the FMOH in close coordination with FMOH agencies, SURE-P and other health related entities.
- Liaise with his/her counterpart in FMCT to organize and participate in ICT4SOML steering committee and derivative working group meetings that will drive the strategy development and consensus process.
- Contribute to other key milestones in the ICT4SOML initiative, under direction of the Deputy Director of FMOH DPRS and the ICT4SOML Program Director, including baseline inventory of ongoing e/mHealth activities and activities of the ICT4SOML Working Groups
- Facilitate stakeholder consultations, conduct informational interviews, and gather materials within the FMOH and other government agencies related to ICT4SOML deliverables.
- Interface with the Ministry of Communication Technology (FMCT) in the application of the 2012 MICT National ICT Framework to eHealth.
- Advise on the selection of ICT program, strategy, and partnership development, including review of incoming ICT-related proposals by international and local partner.
- Support regular performance reporting on FMOH website.
- Support training and capacity building within FMOH on back-end administration of FMOH and DHIS2 sites.
- Interface and manage FMOH technical relationship with the Galaxy Backbone related to the DHIS2 platform maintenance.
- Outstanding academic credentials.
- Masters level or other relevant graduate degree in Health Informatics preferred.
- Minimum 5 years ICT development, implementation or project management experience, with international field work with key development partners strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of the health programmatic use of mobile communication technologies and the telecommunications industry
- Experience with both private and public sector in Nigeria
- Exceptional analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with people of varied professional, cultural, and educational backgrounds.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to think strategically, operate independently, self-motivate, be flexible, and set and achieve ambitious targets.
Method of Application
A suitability statement and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Senior Health ICT Coordinator” in the Subject line of the email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.