Country Business Lead at OneFi
Posted on: 21 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at OneFi
OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and recently re-branded in 2019 to Carbon App (https://getcarbon.co). We are focused on providing access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal was to be a Digital Bank in 3 countries and have secured a Banking License in Nigeria already.
Business Development - Ghana – Accra, Accra
We are looking for a passionate and career driven Country Business Lead who will have the responsibility and maturity to interface with the Bank of Ghana and other supervisory Financial and regulatory Institutions.
The Country Business Lead will be primarily responsible for the success of the Carbon App in Ghana while interfacing with the entire product team. The individual will also play a lead role in developing and implementing the country product road map and building a local team.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to acquire customers for loans and bill payments.
- Establish relationships with new partners to create distribution channels for Carbon products.
- Build a small operations team that will manage the product to operational break-even.
- Produce Business Performance reports which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Manage and develop relationships with key clients (government, central and local authorities and private actors) at the highest level of seniority, and position the Onefi brand as the partner of choice
- Conducts; quarterly Performance Monitoring, Mentoring and Training
- Ensure that Carbon complies with all relevant regulatory authorities and is in good standing.
What we need
- A professional who is excited about building the next generation of technology and business leadership in Africa, possessing the passion and drive to disrupt both the consumer and lending industry for the better.
- A digital native with proficiency in analytical tools such as Google Analytics, PowerBi, Jasper reporting etc
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing analytically-driven role (consulting, finance, analytics, etc.)
- Strong Financial Modeling and Power point skills
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Obsessed with understanding consumer behavior and the effects of product changes.
- Work and living experience in emerging markets, particularly in Ghana
Why work for us
- You are Mission Driven: We are going to change the world and only want colleagues that are comfortable with uncertainty because we are typically pioneers in the markets we operate in.
- Interest in Fintech and Financial services: You are a user of financial services and have been frustrated in the past either by lack of access, usability or high charges. You want to be part of the change to improve financial services and access for millions of users.
- Multi-cultural environment: Competition is global and to compete with the best we need to hire the best irrespective of geography. Your colleagues and advisors are from different countries and have different insights and backgrounds that together enrich the company and our interactions with each other.
- Adventure: We all like our creature comforts but you are not deterred from some of the world’s most challenging airports, spicy food and the odd Mexican restaurant.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to OneFi career website on onefi.bamboohr.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OneFiSimilar Jobs
- Accounts Supervisor at Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited
- Graduate and Experienced Job Vacancies at Andela
- Senior Managing Consultant at Mastercard
- Network Implementation/Support/Integration Engineer at ipNX Nigeria Limited
- Integration Engineer at Ericsson Nigeria
- Customer Success Manager - Modern Workplace at Microsoft Nigeria
- Sales Executives at Padoserve Limited
- Senior Solutions Sales Executive - SAP Successfactors at SAP