Internal Audit Supervisor at Oando Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 5 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Oando
Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market:
- The Internal Audit Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to plan, organize and coordinate the implementation of audit plans across the Oando group as it relates to Information Technology (IT), business processes and operations.
- This job incumbent has responsibility for implementing the day-to-day functions of the Internal Audit & Controls unit, to achieve objectives consistent with the group’s corporate strategy and business goals.
- This is achieved by Identifying IT, business and process risks associated with group’s strategic objectives, developing audit plan and conducting periodic and continuous independent assessments of the system and supported business processes.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the formulation and articulation of Oando’s business and system’s risk profiling, management and emphasizing the company’s risk tolerance levels/stance and threshold points for various elements of risk
- Ensures Oando is able to maintain the integrity of data and all business operations/ transactions activities, as the company grows, through the development, implementation and continuous monitoring of the business and information systems risk and internal control framework
- Ensures shared understanding of, and creates company-wide awareness about, the various risks inherent in our IT systems and operations and works with various employee groups to develop and execute effective risk mitigation strategies
- Identify and evaluate significant business risks associated with strategic and operational objectives of the company.
- Provide input into annual audit plan according to the strategic objectives and the associated risks.
- Develop and record a plan for each engagement which should reflect the scope and objectives of the audit assignment linked to the significant risk exposure within that particular environment
- Conduct audits and ensure efficient and effective execution of annual audit plan and amend when necessary
- Ensure audit reports are timely, accurate, objective and constructive
- Perform detailed systems review and complex analysis using CAATs tools.
- Provide input to the overall audit methodology and ensure compliance with audit methodology.
- Monitor compliance with the laid down policies, processes and procedures.
- Reviews systems and procedures across all business areas and recommends improvements to existing processes and procedures, where appropriate.
- Manage the day-to-day (unit based) operational issues.
- Provide on-the field and on-the-job coaching and mentoring of Audit Officers
- Bridge the gap between the Manager and Officers
- Acts as an interface with external auditors
- Acts as Manager, Systems/Business Risk & Process Audit during casual vacancies
- Conducts confidential investigations on control breaches, as may be necessary from time to time
Desired Skills and Experience
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related area.
- 3-5 years audit experience in review of business processes, risks, controls and Information systems.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) will be added advantage
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry
- Knowledge of business process, risks and Controls
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP applications
- Knowledge of Risk Management and Internal Control Framework
- Proficient in the use of ACL, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Good project management skills
- Focused and initiative driven
- Passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OandoSimilar Jobs
- Terminal and Jetty Operators at an Oil and Gas Firm Via Fosad Consulting
- MRS Oil Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Trading Operators
- 2017 Apprentice Program At Mobil Producing Nigeria
- Recruitment Officers at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Chief Information Officer (EXPATS) at Aldelia Limited
- Sourcing Specialists at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Customer Service Executives at an Oil and Gas Firm - Fosad Consulting
- Latest Engineering Job Opening at Hobark International Limited (HIL)