Terre des hommes (Tdh) is leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Reporting to Deputy Health & Nutrition Manager, and in close technical supervision of Clinical Supervisor, this position is responsible for the management of community health mobilisation volunteers.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Oversee qualval of health -related IEC materials and other technical tools for community sensitisation.
- Ensure close supervision of daily community outreach activities.
- Support reporductive health team leaders in delevering community based health interventions, overcoming challenges and seek synergies with other actors and other Tdh sectors.
- Provide appropriate training, mentoring, coaching and capacity building of the team under her/his responsibility.
- Organize team meetiity supervision of health promotion, community awareness and outreach activities for various age groups within community.
- Design key sensitisation messages with support from the health and nutrition coordinator.
- Set up and support an inclusive community based feedback and complaints mechanism.
- Oversee the development of cholera outbreak response and mitigation plan across all the program locations.
- Development/ Retriengs and provide weekly/monthly program update and staff planning.
- Follow up staff/volunteers attendances, leaves and provide monthly attendance sheets to her/his manager to facilitate payroll process
- Ensure regular feedback to the staff/volunteers under her/his responsibility and appraisal process when needed and facilitate good communication within the teams under his/her responsibility.
- Any other related duties as directed by supervisor(s).
Reporting / communication
- Under the supervision of the line manager, redact activity reports
- Participate in meetings, seminars and training workshops useful to the accomplishment of activities and the attainment of project objectives
- Report to the line manager on the evolution of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, quality of relations with beneficiaries and the involvement of communities
- Remain in touch with the population and local authorities to understand needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact Tdh’s community activities, and in terms of operations and perceptions
- Raise any queries or difficulties related to Tdh’s activities or security issues
Core Commitments -:
- Awareness and use of high hygiene standards.
- Integrity/Commitment to Tdh’s child focused Programming.
- Working in Teams.
Commitment to Excellence.
Specific Competencies -:
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Language Skills: Proficiency in Hausa, Kanuri or one other local dialect essential.
- Education Degree: Degree in public health or any other health related field
- Work experience: minimum two years progressive responsibility.
- Knowledge & skills: Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Computer skills: Basic computer skills.
Method of Application
and ensure to attach their updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file on or before 26 May 2019.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Qualified differently abled people are highly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Nigerian national only.
Interested and qualified? Go to Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) career website on docs.google.com to apply