- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Business Development Manager / Head Marketing at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
Posted on: 20 May, 2019
Deadline: 31 May, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc is the premier, largest and most profitable, non-aligned Primary Mortgage Bank in Nigeria. Abbey is one of the seven national Primary Mortgage Banks (PMB) licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria and Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN). The recent recapitalization exercise saw the down size from 105 mortgage banks to only 34 now surviving. We not only emerged successfully capitalized but one of the few that also met our National obligation as well as amongst the public liability companies.
Purpose of Role
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing new revenue within the institution’s existing portfolio of customers and also seek out new opportunities for business growth.
- The role is expected to have a focus on strategizing, prospecting, of new customers.
- The role ensures an excellent client experience at all times and works in collaboration with the Operations team to ensure smooth transition of realizations of new business opportunities.
- Define and coordinate bank wide marketing programmes
- Drive and implement all marketing activities to ensure brand and product awareness in the market place
- Maintain relationships with customers and identify new prospects.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products and our competitors in the industry.
- Follow the latest industry developments and best practices .
- Maintaining relationships with existing customers and other stakeholders by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new business opportunities.
- Recommending profit and service improvements; Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Present to and consult with Middle and Senior Level Management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in customer base.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the organization’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc / M.Sc Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Communication from a reputable University.
- Membership of CIBN is an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 Years relevant professional experience in the banking sector and or financial services sector is required
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Proven track record in deposit mobilization is very key.
- Ability to achieve set targets.
- Ability to develop long–term relationships with Customers.
- Ability to maintain and develop new Business Partners account, and liaison with back office staff in processing new clients.
- PC word processing, Power point presentation, spreadsheet and database preparation and evaluation skills.
- Goal oriented, focused and achieve targets.
- Self-starter and team Player
- Ability to Identify business opportunities.
- Strong stakeholder management and team player.
- Ability to network, prospect and persuade new customers.
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Leadership, Supervision and Coaching skills
- Highly detail oriented and analytical skills
- Experience in marketing and sourcing new clients for creation of risk assets and deposit mobilization.
- Knowledge of the Financial services sector and current trends.
- Knowledge of the market, current media issues, social media, competitor behavior and strategy.
- Knowledge of effective use of customer relations strategy.
- Knowledge of online and offline marketing strategies and tools.
- Knowledge of the financial products and services.
- Experience in developing marketing strategies.
- Experience in relationship building and customer management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc career website on www.abbeymortgagebank.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Abbey Mortgage Bank PlcSimilar Jobs
- Direct Sales Agent at a Financial Institution - Westfield Consulting Limited
- Principal Water and Sanitation Engineer at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Job Openings at Asset & Resource Management Holding Company
- Driver at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- PAL Pensions Next-U Academy Fellowship 2019
- Head of Branch (Africa Region) at TIENS Group
- Jobs at Asset & Resource Management Holding Company
- Product Specialist, Equities Markets at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)