- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Deep Water – Site Lifting Specialist /QA-QC/HSE at Dan Harry Nig Ltd
Posted on: 17 May, 2019
Deadline: 22 May, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Dan Harry Nig. Ltd
Our client, a leading Upstream Oil & Gas Company in Nigeria is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Lagos and Portharcourt
Support of all Deep water sites (AKPO, EGINA) on OML 130 and Exploration activities: 2 rigs & 2 FPSOs, construction
barges, 1 MPSV/OIMR vessels and any other construction yards as requested by management.
- Continually liaise with DW CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within TUCN are consistently respected on site.
- Ensure that COMPANY Rules and Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling and lifting operations are well understood and applied by those involved.
- Participate/assist the CPLO in the annual evaluation of and review of TUCN approved 3rd Party Lifting Equipment certifiers list.
- Perform technical inspection and evaluation of cranes and selected lifting equipment proposed for use on site and project; maintain up to date register of certification of all cranes in use within Deep water perimeter.
- Assists CPLO in conducting periodic LMS audits of COMPANY assets and contractors working in the COMPANY perimeter.
- Assists CPLO in conducting periodic LMS audits of drilling services companies.
- Assists CPLO in conducting periodic LMS audits of contractors for AKPO and EGINA.
- Assists CPLO in conducting periodic LMS audits of selected companies for lifting operations call off contracts.
- Liaise with entities and implement in synergy all actions resulting from LMS audits.
- Specifying the testing/proof load requirements in accordance with statutory requirements, relevant standards and COMPANY rules on consultation with DW-CPLO.
- Specifying the marking requirements in accordance with COMPANY rules.
- Attend simple lifts on behalf of CPLO.
- Gather anomalies related to DW and follow up actions with contractors by implementing synergy cases.
- Interface with Field Ops to access the proper maintenance of all lifting equipment in use within DW assets.
- Assist CPLO in organizing onshore pre-mobilization of heavy equipment of all type upon request from DW entities (ECP, Drilling & Field Ops. including SPS package in LiLE/ONNE)
- Coach QA/QC lifting inspectors involved in DW & EGINA perimeter.
Context and Environment:
- Work regime: 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off (Rotational based)
- Difficult and demanding environment in terms of daily lifting Mgt.: Challenging & stressful situation.
- Multi-cultural organization with multiple logistics interface and customers (FOPs, Drilling, ECP & Projects).
- The incumbent will travel on the various DW, PHC/ Lagos, Nigeria.
- Work is performed in context of Logistics base with 24/7 availability. Long hours of follow-up of Warehousing and Quayside operations. There is also a heavy requirement for close monitoring of Contractor activities.
- Logistics focal point for lifting & handling operations on the assigned site.
- The incumbent brings expertise in the daily lifting/handling site operation and he can replace the CPLO fro critical lifts classified as risk level 3.
- The Service holder is responsible for the application of appropriate procedures and methodologies to ensure that major hazards associated with lifting operations in LiLE base / deep water sites are properly
assessed and managed in line with LMS.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- The Service holder must be capable of ensuring the application of handling & lifting procedures (LMS)
implemented into the affiliate.
- Must have knowledge of all applicable standards, in regards to lifting equipment certification.
- Must have knowledge of all types of crane (e.g. crawler, mobile cranes with outriggers & pedestals)
- Must have knowledge of all aspect of lifting inspection based on COMPANY requirements for the affiliate
- The ability to prepare reports of lifting audits of worksite and contractors,
- Hold appropriate technical qualification(s) and have sufficient practical experience to demonstrate
- Good knowledge of English Language.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in equipment handling and lifting operations.
- Qualification : HND/Degree in Engineering
Method of Application
should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please do not apply if you don't have the required qualifications as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
using the Job Title as subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Dan Harry Nig. LtdSimilar Jobs
- Principal Materials & Corrosion Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Manager at Aldelia Group
- Assistant Operator 3 at Expro Group
- Proposals Manager, Strategic Projects at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc
- Fabrication Manager at Prime Services FZE
- Oando Intern (Developer Intern) at Oando Plc
- Jobs at Rainoil Limited
- Oil & Gas Reliability Engineer - Engineering at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited