Global Profilers is a Recruitment and HR Services firm that specializes in Recruitment in Africa; We have a Milling Technologist opening to fill for our Client who is a Multinational FMCG
The individual will increase market demand for new and innovative products
· Build a team capable of meeting current and future company product development requirements
· Lead the development of new product ideas from concept to launch with an understanding of manufacturing processes, customer requirements, market trends, and packaging and costs
· Identify product needs, assist in developing products to fill those needs, and disseminate product information throughout the organization.
· Work closely with the companies and sister companies Operations and Sales teams to ensure delivery of products in line with customer requirements
· Review and complete internal and external customer specifications and briefs
· Oversee and generate new label designs which meet required legislation but also eye catching to support brand marketing and sale
· Own the New Product Development Process from concept through fulfillment.
· Build and develop recipes to fill marketing matrix.
· Define and own all related collateral materials for new and existing products.
· Write all product instructions, determine product labeling and packaging
· Provide vendor follow up, assist in prototype and first sample evaluation. Co-ordinate all New Products with Operations for testing, set up, process and cost evaluation.
· Brief product positioning to creative team for use in catalogs, website, emails and retail.
· Work with Marketing, Customer Service, Operations and Retail departments to develop launch plans for new products across all channels.
· Monitor product reviews on website and takes appropriate action.
· Submit trademark & patent applications which includes developing supporting rationales, track and monitor progress.
· Lead product development committee(s). Gather staff input and customer feedback on existing/ new products. .
· Bring potentially systemic problems that require immediate action to the attention of Marketing.
· Supervise the New Product technologist and team while carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualification and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university strongly preferred with a focus in engineering or project management.
· Four to six years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Have at least two years product development experience at management level in a leading food manufacturing industry ideally with a track record of launching new products to market
· 4-6 years project management experience - prioritizing projects by importance and deadline, ensuring that deadlines are met, and keeping stakeholders informed of project/program status. Ensuring the projects’ or programs’ goals, purpose, and criteria are clearly defined. Delegating project assignments and matching the responsibility to the person.
· Be able to demonstrate a record of achievement in a similar role
· Be passionate about innovation and creativity in the food sector
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to mentor the NPD team to achieve success
· Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and software including, but not limited to: Excel spreadsheets, word processing, email, and Internet applications and packaging development software.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.