RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,500 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI is Recruiting Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)Candidates for USAID-funded WASH Project
RTI International seeks an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor for the current USAID/Nigeria Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) Program. The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria to expand and improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of State Water Boards (SWBs) in six states across Nigeria. E-WASH is a four-year, $60M program with the main office in Abuja and embedded state team offices in each of the six states.
- Provide technical leadership for all MEL activities of the project. Establish and manage systems for gathering, reporting, and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation at the SWB-, component-, state-, national-, and program-level.
- Manage all MEL staff, tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure all required reports and documentation for the project’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID/Nigeria and RTI guidelines.
- Advise and support, as needed, all technical teams in measuring appropriate indicators and analyze gender-related findings and outcomes of project activities regularly.
- Advise and support the development and answering of learning questions, including integrating these into contract deliverables.
- Work closely with the Grants Under Contract and Utility Support Fun managers to establish and then monitor effective and appropriate performance indicators for these grants.
- Serve as an Advisory Team member providing guidance, oversight and advice on all aspects, as requested or appropriate, to technical implementation priorities, challenges and strategic direction.
- Provide feedback and updates to the COP, including identification and mitigation of factors that may hinder the project from reaching desired outcomes.
- Lead the knowledge management activities of E-WASH and work closely across the Advisory Team and with State Team Leaders on adaptive management to ensure that lessons learned are collected and disseminated.
- Manage MEL Specialists, including line supervision of the MIS Specialist, and state Program Monitoring Specialists, as well as the Reporting Specialist.
- Advanced degree in relevant field; with a minimum of 10 years of experience in international development program design and implementation. 6 years’ experience in program MEL.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience on USAID or other development partner funded projects including experience in data collection, management and analysis;
- Experience in knowledge management and communications. Knowledge of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach preferred;
- Knowledge and experience in the urban WASH sector MEL activities an added advantage
- Experience in grantee performance monitoring preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; and ability to work well on a team.
- Respectful and able to perform effectively as a part of a diverse team of professionals.
Method of Application
Individuals are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) with current contact information and details of relevant experience to RTIEmployment@rti.org. Application deadline is May 31st. Applicants should indicate the position title in the Subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email email@example.com’’