- Subject matter expert on network security and firewall policy analysis, QA
- Subject Matter Expert in architectural and security design reviews
- Perform advanced, complex network analysis, identify problems and design solutions
- Oversee Network Security with focus on firewalls, penetration testing, and access management
- Pro-actively analyses, troubleshoots and resolves network security issues.
- Perform network installations, upgrades, documentation, monitoring and analysis
- Responsible for the design and implementation of any network security related task
- O&M and configuration of multiple models and vendors of switches/routers/firewalls, including VLAN configuration, routing protocols, etc.
- Document problems and resolution for future reference
- Monitoring system performance and implementing performance tuning
- Makes recommendations on existing projects to improve network security.
- Mentors other network engineers with security best practices
- Communicates security plans, status and security issues to management on a regular basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Cisco ASA / Juniper / Huawei firewalls (anyone)
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructures, topologies and protocols.
- Highly skilled in network security and management frameworks, firewall policy, analysis, and review.
- Strong project coordination skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong ability to interpret impact of technology choices.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience of working on a similar role
- Working with a telecom operator or a vendor is a must
- Preferably a Nigerian national