Transaction Banking - Service Manager
Job ID: 295971
Job Function: Wholesale Banking
Location: Nigeria - SCB
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for providing world class client service and seamless delivery of the banks products and solutions to corporates and financial institutions
To be the Service Partner, working together with RMs, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to develop clients’ pre-origination service solutions, manage post origination needs, identify opportunities and deliver the Bank’s services.
Builds strong service focused relationships and rapport with key clients to increase wallet shares & revenue retention for TB.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
•Reponsible for end to end servicing and ownership of client issues
•Provide the highest standard of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints, to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients
•Monitor daily interactions with the client, leverage on CRM, and be the escalation go to point, internally and externally
•Responsible for client satisfaction with service arrangements and delivery at regional and country levels through regional and country CSG CSMs
•Take ownership & Resolve local clients’ enquiries and issues related to TB outbound business
•Making a concerted effort in building trusted partnership with clients at the daily transactional / operational level through
-Regular phone/email contacts with client contacts
-Proactive updates on outstanding issues
•Understanding client expectations and needs for quality client services
•Review service performance with our clients and generate ways to continuously improve service level standards as well as client efficiency
• Conduct service reviews (global / regional / country) to identify and close gaps between clients needs and service delivery
• Analytics – review client data on an ongoing basis to improve volumes and facility utilization – transaction volumes, channel utilization, referrals (or TAT), queries, complaints, etc
• Conduct client visits – introduction, relationship building initiated by TB Sales to resolve issues and service relationship with Client’s Operations and Treasury counterparts
• Conduct proactive visits on facilities utilization, transaction volumes, issues raised, etc
• Communicate client feedbacks to TB Sales on client needs and products
• Involve in RFP discussions, play the role of service specialists
• Continually identify opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance, service, product solutions, utilization and optimizing channel usage, up-selling and cross-selling, etc, through leveraging on the VoC process and the relationship, to understand client’s needs
• Work in partnership with TB Sales by
- Maintaining a coordinated approach to the clients in the portfolio
- Keeping TB Sales regularly updated of key issues and trends
- Involve TB Sales in issues as and when appropriate
• Offer guidance to client on the operational aspect of the product and keep them abreast of recent changes in clearing environment
• Establish team operating standards (e.g. frequency of follow-up, frequency of reverts to clients etc), monitor adherence and monitor client feedback. Share and discuss this with stakeholders.
• To ensure information from the central team is communicated effectively to the rest of the team. Implement process, procedures and service model
• Promoting self service platform – S2B
Risk & Control
• Assist clients in compliance related matter
• Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager.
• Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations.
• Root cause analysis; Drive process and assist in implementation of service and efficiency improvement initiatives and facilitate transfer of best practice
• Leveraging on the VoC process and the relationship to understand client’s needs
• Assist in implementation of service and efficiency improvement initiatives with all relevant stakeholders
• Identify competitive best practices from clients, TBSM staff, Front office staff and feedback to Head, TBSM
• Lead and enhance client support by driving co-ordination within our global TBSM and CSG network to build solutions for our clients’ needs
• Manage end-to-end service support with internal stakeholders on escalation of service gaps
Key Client Service Planning / Reviews
• Lead and agree account service plan for the client with the RM and TB Sales
• Deliver the service plan, including:
o Lead in Service Reviews with Key clients, reviewing service performance with the clients and generate ways to continuously improve service level standards
o On a selective basis, accompanying TB Sales on sales calls to sell our service capabilities and/or to resolve clients’ operational and service issues
• Lead in managing client loyalty with TB driving the “grow the core” messages.
Qualifications & Skills
University Degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline
Experience and proven track record in banking operations, client service and or customer facing roles
Organized and detail orientated
•Comprehensive product/processes knowledge
•Good leadership skills
•Knowledge of global clients’ cross-border operations and needs as well as related local business environment
•Basic WB banking operations experience
•Sound knowledge of WB channels
•Sound knowledge and experience in relationship management with senior management personnel of corporate clients
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.